JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

Emporis is notoriously wrong most of the time. We have had several email arguments over discrepancies. I have even sent them proof of their mistakes and they refuse to change them. They are not a reliable resource at all, and all of their information is available for free elsewhere on the internet and people who need the information they offer often get it elsewhere, namely sites like this one.

• Like 1

I had heard it was going to be closer to 500'. It seems that it may be a while before this starts because they are creeping with the construction of the old Fountain Square for UMP. They have a ways to go before they can relocate out of their current building.

Those are also massive buildings and it will take a while to demolish and clear the site.

It may be awhile is an understatement. I am giving this 10% chance of happening at all. According to a source we all know, it is going to cost between $450,000 and $500,000 per room to build with that particular design. It will be  hard for them to make any money because of what their rack rate will have to be. It may be too pricey for this market.

I would like to see this, but this is bold and no twin tower development has ever been financed or built here.

Emporis is notoriously wrong most of the time. We have had several email arguments over discrepancies. I have even sent them proof of their mistakes and they refuse to change them. They are not a reliable resource at all, and all of their information is available for free elsewhere on the internet and people who need the information they offer often get it elsewhere, namely sites like this one.

Very true. As an example, Plaza Tower in Knoxville stands at 400ft and 30 stories. Emporis lists it as 327ft and 27 stories. In fact Riverview Tower is the 327ft building which Emporis does not even have listed. I too have emailed them about the discrepancy but whoever is in charge there has some sort of megalomaniac with superiority complex and returned my email telling me that I was flat out wrong... I'm sorry but I think I know a little more about my own city than these clowns do....

Very true. As an example, Plaza Tower in Knoxville stands at 400ft and 30 stories. Emporis lists it as 327ft and 27 stories. In fact Riverview Tower is the 327ft building which Emporis does not even have listed. I too have emailed them about the discrepancy but whoever is in charge there has some sort of megalomaniac with superiority complex and returned my email telling me that I was flat out wrong... I'm sorry but I think I know a little more about my own city than these clowns do....

That's moronic on their part. No wonder no one 'in the know' takes them seriously.

• 3 weeks later...

A hotel floor is about 10'. Ground floor plus convention space are each about 20-25'. 350-360' tall.

There is a big reason everyone is below 400'. The 2012 IBC kicks in the 911 provisions for super tall high rises. Big cost jump. Huge actually.

A 350' building is fantastic... but not big enough to please the height fetish folks.

Edited by Guest

A hotel floor is about 10'. Ground floor plus convention space are each about 20-25'. 350-360' tall.

There is a big reason everyone is below 400'. The 2012 IBC kicks in the 911 provisions for super tall high rises. Big cost jump. Huge actually.

A 350' building is fantastic... but not big enough to please the height fetish folks.

You also have to add that crown above the restaurant, which I believe is not counted in the 33 floors.  I'm still thinking this thing will be closer to 400'.

Either way, I love the design...whether it's 400' or 200'.

Edited by titanhog