Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

On 5/11/2022 at 12:07 PM, markhollin said:

Hearts Cafe will open its 2nd Nashville location in the former Fork's Drum Closet building (1 story, 1,924 sq. ft.) at 2701 12th Ave. South. A permit for $250,000 has been granted for the changes to the structure by contractor MTLC Inc.  Hearts has an Australian styled menu.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/work-to-begin-on-australia-influenced-caf-in-12south/article_e63a039c-d0b2-11ec-9781-b7787f81fdf0.html

2701 12th Ave South, Hearts Restaurant, May 11, 2022, site x.png

Another building permit for this site appears to have been begun for a 3188 sf retail tenant Vuori. Vuori is a high end athletic wear store with locations in places like Malibu, Newport Beach and even London. https://vuoriclothing.com/

Work has been ongoing on the left, back side, of the building for several weeks, which I'll guess is for the coffee house.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Another building permit for this site appears to have been begun for a 3188 sf retail tenant Vuori. Vuori is a high end athletic wear store with locations in places like Malibu, Newport Beach and even London. https://vuoriclothing.com/

Work has been ongoing on the left, back side, of the building for several weeks, which I'll guess is for the coffee house.

They should  rename 12 South to "E-Commerce Brand Alley" ....

• Like 1

Since parking came up as an issue in this topic, I want to ask, can developers in Nashville build garages along with their residential properties to sell/rent individual parking spaces to tenants?  Or, are they required to provide a certain number of spaces for renters/buyers that are included in the cost to rent or deeded if you are buying?

I have a friend who used to rent a condo in DC prior to him buying his own place.  The condo building where he rented has an underground garage, but spaces were not deeded or assigned to each unit.  Instead, if a tenant wanted a space in the garage they had to purchase it.  The tenant in essence became a property owner of that space.  It was a separate transaction from buying their residential unit.  The owner of the condo unit that my friend rented, owned two parking spaces in that building.  The owner, who no longer lives in the building, keeps one space for himself because he works in the general area of the building.  The other space he rents to either other tenants of the building or people who work in the area.  My friend never needed a parking space because he doesn't drive.  But the owner would allow my friends guest to park there during hours/periods in which he wasn't using it.   If he had overnight guests during the week they would pretty much have to move their car out by 7:00AM each day.  The owner would notify him if he was planning to use the space after 7:00 PM weeknights, on weekends or during special events.  In other words, they communicated back and forth on the availability of the space.

Other tenants in the building that owned both a condo unit and parking space, would either sell them separately or bundle them together.   Parking spaces in that building sold for upwards of $15K -$20K back around 2006.  Today parking spaces in DC sell on average between $25K-$30K.  The highest price paid for a parking space in DC in the last year is $70K.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nashville born said:

A 16-story mixed use tower is planned for the Vanderbilt area.  I imagine Mark will add a string for the project.    It looks to be diagonally across the street from the 2416 West End project (I forget the name of it).

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/mixed-use-tower-eyed-for-elliston-place/article_ffe898c0-3463-11ed-9454-f338049504b0.html

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 12.56.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 12.56.54 PM.png

This was a nice surprise that popped up this afternoon on E-Permits. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Since parking came up as an issue in this topic, I want to ask, can developers in Nashville build garages along with their residential properties to sell/rent individual parking spaces to tenants?  Or, are they required to provide a certain number of spaces for renters/buyers that are included in the cost to rent or deeded if you are buying?

I have a friend who used to rent a condo in DC prior to him buying his own place.  The condo building where he rented has an underground garage, but spaces were not deeded or assigned to each unit.  Instead, if a tenant wanted a space in the garage they had to purchase it.  The tenant in essence became a property owner of that space.  It was a separate transaction from buying their residential unit.  The owner of the condo unit that my friend rented, owned two parking spaces in that building.  The owner, who no longer lives in the building, keeps one space for himself because he works in the general area of the building.  The other space he rents to either other tenants of the building or people who work in the area.  My friend never needed a parking space because he doesn't drive.  But the owner would allow my friends guest to park there during hours/periods in which he wasn't using it.   If he had overnight guests during the week they would pretty much have to move their car out by 7:00AM each day.  The owner would notify him if he was planning to use the space after 7:00 PM weeknights, on weekends or during special events.  In other words, they communicated back and forth on the availability of the space.

Other tenants in the building that owned both a condo unit and parking space, would either sell them separately or bundle them together.   Parking spaces in that building sold for upwards of $15K -$20K back around 2006.  Today parking spaces in DC sell on average between $25K-$30K.  The highest price paid for a parking space in DC in the last year is $70K.

I remember back in 2008-09 when I was looking at condos, in the Icon you had to buy the spot separate from the condo. Not sure at all how it is now.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I remember back in 2008-09 when I was looking at condos, in the Icon you had to buy the spot separate from the condo. Not sure at all how it is now.

In Terrazzo, the assigned parking spaces are part of the unit and sold when the unit sells.  There are a few 'extra' spaces and the unit owner must sell them before the sale of their unit closes.  In other words, a parking space is not allowed to be owned by non-residents.  Of course, this applies to the residential garage, not the commercial part of the garage.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Seeing on the epermits site - A core/shell permit is getting started for 2311 12th Ave. S., currently a parking lot serving Faherty and Taqueria Del Sol. First I've heard of this.

12th Ave South Site Plan.JPG

Single story!?

How does something without at least 2 floors of residences get approved along that section of 12 South?

• Like 3