Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

39 minutes ago, markhollin said:

CA South HQ at 1219 4th Ave. South update.

Looking SE from back of property:

CA South, July 30, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NW from 4th Ave. south, 1/3 block south of Chestnut St:

CA South, July 30, 2022, 2.jpeg

I'm torn on the windows.  Without seeing it up close, it’s hard to tell if it’s glass bricks or something else.  If it’s glass bricks…yes, keep them.  However….it does kinda give a “jail” appearance.  Would love to see what this building would look like with updated windows.

I love that old Owens retro glass. I have always loved that kind of retro look. As a kid I had a little construction set with side panels that sort of mimicked hat glass and I also came from an industrial city that had a lot of this glass.

I could not find a lot on it, but it is still in high demand for folks doing retro remodels and goes for around $20 a block.

1948 OWENS-ILLINOIS Insulux GLASS Block IDEAS for BRIGHTER Home Building Catalog | #2106888652 (worthpoint.com)

• Like 3

A prime piece of Music Row real estate at 21 Music Square West (17th Ave. South) has sold for $5.2 million.  It includes a 2 story office structure that was built in the last few decades. and the surface lot behind it.  The new owner is an LLC associated with Don Thorpe who had been president of Prinova Group out of Chicago. The seller was Doc McGhee, who has managed many big name rock groups.  No word on what plans are for the site.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/music-row-property-sells-for-5-2m/article_524b6720-2585-11ed-b612-1fd4dc060e59.html

21 Music Square West, Aug 29, 23022, site.png

497732300_21MusicSquareWestAug2923022sitemap.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I love that old Owens retro glass. I have always loved that kind of retro look. As a kid I had a little construction set with side panels that sort of mimicked hat glass and I also came from an industrial city that had a lot of this glass.

I could not find a lot on it, but it is still in high demand for folks doing retro remodels and goes for around $20 a block.

1948 OWENS-ILLINOIS Insulux GLASS Block IDEAS for BRIGHTER Home Building Catalog | #2106888652 (worthpoint.com)

I used glass bricks on a wall in a home I refurbished on Music Row.  Pretty awesome. 

On 9/6/2022 at 7:49 AM, titanhog said:

Why would they knock it all down, yet try to save a couple of walls?

On 9/6/2022 at 11:08 AM, GregH said:

Some kind of permitting / zoning shortcut I'm sure.

Ding, ding, ding. Many times if you leave an existing wall it is still considered an addition/renovation project rather than a new build. There are logisitcs/behind the scenes reasons for this that I have seen it pretty multiple times.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Ding, ding, ding. Many times if you leave an existing wall it is still considered an addition/renovation project rather than a new build. There are logisitcs/behind the scenes reasons for this that I have seen it pretty multiple times.

I remember when they kept the front of Glocker (now Haslam) Business building (in Knoxville). You can see the gigantic new backend on it. With the old front still there. Not sure if it's the same thing but I always wondered why.

1687378642_ScreenShot2022-09-07at1_53_22PM.png

• Like 3

Got this in the mail today. Trying to “sneak” a music venue in. Then the back has a Nashville post article on it, that’s live on the internet. Not very sneaky…

“LiveNation is trying to sneak a new 4500-seat music arena
in Wedgwood-Houston. Our community cannot support the
noise, traffic and sheer volume of people. Attend the hearing
or send email to planning.commissioners @nashville.gov”

33076125-1DF1-4E34-A327-DB0282C9D534.jpeg

8B68EB71-55FD-4C7F-93B3-9718636963D3.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 6