Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

27 minutes ago, andywildman said:

Mark, this is a fair consideration - this is less parking than would be required if you expect most people to drive to the venue in 1s and 2s.

I think I fall on the other side of the issue, though: every project inside the downtown loop and inside the 440 loop that has too little parking will nudge public behavior away from cars and take Nashville toward a more balanced share of transportation.

This is a short block away from a top-5-ridership bus route (Nolensville Pike), there are a lot of places to walk & bike from around Wedgewood-Houston, and being this proximate to downtown, there will be a lot of patrons taking rideshare.

I agree with you....I just know that a lot of folks are not as progressive as we are on this forum and will be irritated greatly if they can't find anywhere to park their own vehicle.    : (

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

CM Sledge is also pushing for less and less parking (at least according to his twitter feed). This is close enough to downtown where folks will be ride sharing in and out of the area for events, plus the parking would be a shared agreement with the office next door due to off peak times. 

Besides, if the soccer stadium can get away with it, so can this venue haha

Exactly what I was thinking in regards to the stadium.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

I agree with you....I just know that a lot of folks are not as progressive as we are on this forum and will be irritated greatly if they can't find anywhere to park their own vehicle.    : (

I do think Uber will be the main use of transportation whether there is too little or too much parking 

• Like 1

2803 12th Ave. South (2 stories, 23,000 sq. ft. of commercial/retail/office space) update: footers being set along sides, and foundation wall rising along south end.

Looking south from 12th Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Paris Ave:

2803 12 South, July 30, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking north from 12th Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Paris Ave:

2803 12 South, July 30, 2022, 2.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yep, me too.

It has been on again off again and again. It has taken forever for this one. But it still may be The Blue Parrot out of the ground when it is all said and done.

It started a few months after I moved to Chestnut Hill... in 2014!!

• Haha 1

Vanderbilt Univ. continues to buy up property along West End Ave. with the $3.8 million purchase of 2803 West End Ave. structure where Cumberland Transit resides with a long term lease.  The businesses on either side, Verizon and Three Brother Coffee are not part of this transaction.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/vanderbilt-pays-3-8m-for-west-end-avenue-building/article_6b9589b4-1341-11ed-afd4-df61101c9e06.html

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/08/03/vanderbilt-real-estate.html

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 1.48.20 PM.png

• Like 3