Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

The plan for that Krystal is for it to be demolished, and the CVS Pharmacy on the south side of that interchange to be rebuilt on the Krystal lot.  Then the current CVS structure would be torn down, and Crestmoor Road would then be re-routed in a curving fashion towards the SE to intersect with Glen Echo Rd. Will then create one interchange along that stretch of Hillsboro Pike instead of two.

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 1.01.35 PM.png

• Like 1

The lot behind Krystal's i believe is part of the Krystal's property.  The street/alley (blue line) between the lot and the Krystal's building however is a city street, I imagine that is going to be sold to CVS as well. The new CVS will have plenty of parking with that lot and road. CVS also is only a little over half of the current building roughly outlined by the blue box. The rest of the building is a cleaners and they have already relocated to the shopping center across Hillsboro Road in the old Gamestop location.

2017-01-24_08-58-34.png

• Like 1

I see what you are saying, but isn't the "plan" for Green Hills to have the businesses more at the street, with parking in the rear or side? I do think the current road location could become parking for CVS, but I think there will be a period of time where parking would remain in the red square, with the store taking up the entire front of the lot. CVS may not be happy with that inconvenience, temporary as it may be.

16 hours ago, titanhog said:

Hillwood High School moving to Bellevue...

I get the development potential of the Hillwood HS site but closing the school in favor of a resurrected Bellevue HS just moves the problem of distant public high schools from one community to another. Now West Nashville students are the ones commuting and on top of that most of the private schools on that side of town are located in Bellevue too.

Also, the choice of HopePark is terrible. It's not walkable and that stretch of 70S is going to blow up when school is opening and closing. At least the Bellevue MS site was in the middle of Bellevue, and on an existing MTA route, and on Metro-owned land.

Anyway, go Owls.

• Like 1

Metro is pushing hard with CVS Pharmacy at SE corner of Hillsboro Pike and Crestmoor (see map on post above) to get everything in place for the intersection realignment with Glen Echo: 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/01/27/nashville-moves-seize-green-hills-cvs-krystal-sites/97120192/

• Like 3

From today's Nashville Post:

A Dallas-based developer and real estate investment firm is eyeing a Midtown-area site for a storage facility, a move that follows its recent decision to not pursue a similar project in SoBro.

According to a Metro document, Provident Realty Advisors Inc. is requesting the Metro Planning Commission “approve abandonment of a portion of the easement rights retained in the former right-of-way known as Felecia Street.” A Feb. 23 meeting is scheduled.

The property Provident is targeting has an address of 415 27th Ave. N. Provident paid $3.9 million for the 1.5-acre property in October.

Previously, Provident had under contract a 0.61-acre parcel located at 514 Eighth Ave. S. near the Music City Center Roundabout and was eyeing an eight-story 150,000-square self-storage facility. “We decided not to move forward with the transaction,” PRA’s Case Van Lare told the Postearlier this month.

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 6.07.45 PM.png

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Metrop is pushing hard with CVS Pharmacy at SE corner of Hillsboro Pike and Crestmoor (see map on post above) to get everything in place for the intersection realignment with Glen Echo: 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/01/27/nashville-moves-seize-green-hills-cvs-krystal-sites/97120192/

You think!  No surprise here.  That what you get for waiting so long in the first place, to even plan to change the layout.

^^I don't understand why they don't just get rid of all surface parking and go directly to all garages, ala the Beverly Center in LA.  If you're going to be an urban mall, give up the ghost on surface parking and stop with this hodge-podge building here...lot here..garage here...another building...etc.  They seem to be very reactionary in their building decisions.

• Like 3

I'm not a shopper, but The Domain is very nice. By contrast, Mall at Green Hills is the worst looking new shopping center I've seen. I mean, this is the 21st century and the place looks like a 1980s mausoleum. They wouldn't even need to be "open air" to be more inviting. Malls are having a hard enough time drawing customers to them these days... so try to just look appealing, as if you want to attract people.  A mausoleum... no thanks. 

• Like 1

I honestly can't think of any enclosed malls that I would say are "pretty". Some are landscaped and have better outside materials than others but you are still usually looking at big blank walls. The outdoor shopping centers look nicer because you are at least looking at windows and such. Unless you are in southern California...they have their drawbacks too.

Having grown up here it has been interesting to see the transformation of the mall. As many know there was another strip center built on the other side of the original shopping center. Back in the early 80's the alley between the two was enclosed became the current mall. The basement of what you see in the picture is the malls lower level, which is why the ceilings are so low in many of the stores, like J Crew. Kroger had a store in back strip center. It was nice to shop in the mall and grocery shop at the same time, without having to move your car.

I went to visit Austin back in 2013 for the first time right after moving to Houston. Went to the Domain while construction was still being done on the movie theater at that time and the place is unique. If I am not mistaking. I think either there may be office space on top of some of the restaurants/retail. I could be wrong but I think I remembered seeing that. The whole setup reminded me of the Boardwalk in Shreveport LA minus Nieman Marcus.

The Mall at Greenhills should have done away with the surface parking lots decades ago.  The plan should have been to build a mall similar to the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City in Arlington, VA.  It offers Macy's and Nordstrom's as anchors and there's also a Ritz Carlton attached.  There is one multi-level parking garage on the back of the mall that runs the full length of the mall and is equally as tall.  There are four levels in the Fashion Centre and I would say that it sits on property that is probably smaller than the footprint for the Mall at Greenhills.  To make the area even sweeter there's another much smaller and older shopping mall across the street that has a Costco, Best Buy, Marshalls, Modell's (Sporting Goods Store) and  Nordstrom's Rack as the primary stores and it's going through a renovation to keep up with the influx of high rise apartments and condo's in the area.  It already has a garage but they are converting the surface lots to a garage with apartments above them (at least that was in the plans).  Also behind the Fashion Centre, there's another complex called Pentagon Row which is retail, grocery, dinning and residential.  It mostly has underground parking but there are a few interior surface lots (not big) and you can walk between all three complexes as well as walk underground to access the Metro Rail.  It's still a work in progress getting the roads just right simply because of the new residential buildings in the area, but Greenhills could have been done the exact same way if not better had they been more open to change in the area and had a long term vision. 

7 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^I don't understand why they don't just get rid of all surface parking and go directly to all garages, ala the Beverly Center in LA.  If you're going to be an urban mall, give up the ghost on surface parking and stop with this hodge-podge building here...lot here..garage here...another building...etc.  They seem to be very reactionary in their building decisions.

I assume that is the future plans for this mall if they want to expand even more.