Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

9 hours ago, leggy77 said:

Looks like the former Bread & Company and world's slowest construction project is now going to be a fashion boutique

https://www.dianawarnerstudio.com/our-flagship-store/store_front.jpg?resize=1024,778&ssl=1

The rendering shows the brick facade the builder attempted to preserve, which was then reduced to one wall, then just a portion of one wall, and then ultimately no walls.   Makes me question the quality of the final product.   

The huge mixed-use (primarily residential) project sitting on 37.7 acres between Centennial Blvd. and the Cumberland River in The Nations will be called Silo Bend.  More details on groundbreaking for the first phase, etc. here:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20837766/nations-mixeduse-project-named-silo-bend

Silo Bend.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The huge mixed-use (primarily residential) project sitting on 37.7 acres between Centennial Blvd. and the Cumberland River in The Nations will be called Silo Bend.  More details on groundbreaking for the first phase, etc. here:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20837766/nations-mixeduse-project-named-silo-bend

Silo Bend.jpg

wow.   that thing will need its own zip code!  

3 minutes ago, markhollin said:

A storage building that will include retail on the first floor is in the works for Sylvan Park neighborhood along Alabama Ave., two blocks north of Charlotte Ave:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20838020/sylvan-parkarea-site-eyed-for-redevelopment

Can you provide some insight to the details for us non subscribers? 

^ ^ ^ Hmmmm....not sure why you can't access it.  I'm not a subscriber, and it showed up on my screen.  Here's the text:

A building to combine self-storage and retail space is being eyed for a Sylvan Park-area parcel two blocks north of Charlotte Avenue.

According to a source with information about the prospective project and who asked to go unnamed, a Florida-based entity wants to redevelop the property, which has addresses of 4305 and 4307 Alabama Ave. The building would look like an office building with retail and not a conventional generic self-storage structure, the source said.

Option Rentals, a lightweight construction equipment rental business, operates from the space. Dorris B. Calvin owns both the business and the property and could not be reached for comment. Two buildings located on the pair of parcels would need demolishing if the project moves forward.

The West Nashville site sits within Metro Councilwoman Kathleen Murphy’s District 24. Murphy could not be reached for comment.

The aforementioned Florida entity has enlisted Nashville-based Dale & Associates to handle the request for specific plan zoning to allow the structure. A Nov. 10 Metro Planning Commission date is slated.

The property sits near the bustling Charlotte Avenue. To the north and on the other side of Interstate 40 is The Nations. To the south is Sylvan Park. Both districts have seen a recent flourish of residential and retail building construction, as has Charlotte itself.

• Like 1

Another significant property is purchased right off of Charlotte Avenue.  The factory/warehouse for Nashville Plywood, which covers 1.5 acres along Felicia Street, 1 block north of Charlotte between 26th and 27th Avenues, has been sold to Provident Realty for $3.9 million.  Not sure if they plan an apartment complex there, or another large self-storage unit.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/10/25/15-acre-site-off-charlotte-avenue-sold-39m/92734988/

415 27th Ave. North.JPG

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.24.12 PM.png

• Like 1

Bro's Cajun Cuisine Restaurant's one-acre lot at 3214 Charlotte Ave. (just west of the I-440 overpass) is up for sale with a nearly $3 million asking price. If something was built to rise above the freeway, it would have terrific views of downtown.  part of the lot is zoned commercial, and part of it is zoned for residential.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/20838396/cajun-eatery-preps-to-close-in-west-nashville

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.35.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.36.59 PM.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

State puts 119-acre former state prison complex (including Charles Bass Correctional Complex) near Cockrill Bend Industrial Park up for sale:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/10/25/119-acre-former-state-prison-complex-nashville-put-up-sale/92734882/

Bass Correctionl Complex, Cockrill Bend.JPG

I wonder how much this land will sell for...? 

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

The closing of the Krystal fast food joint at NW corner of Hillsboro Road and Crestmoor Rd. should start the dominoes falling for the realignment of the intersection with Glen Echo Rd, and be a first step in alleviating some of the bottleneck of traffic along Hillsboro in Green Hills:

Hallelujah, Je$us; Good G0d!

Now, it still will take some additional quantum next-phases in complement to this, to get the sorghum stirred up and flowing, but it's the first significant move taken since the previous administration adjusted the RoW on Hillsboro Rd. to add a center-turn lane between Sharondale/Lombardy and just north of Crestmoor.

This should help immensely in keeping a$$-ends of drivers from fouling the through-lanes, and to put a damper on those who dare negotiate the "right-left" S-turn from Glen Echo or from Crestmoor, with the intent to continue across and through the misaligned intersection.

Next, I hope to hear the same with the site at Southern Land, Abbott-Martin and RJ Rd. at Hillsboro, which I would have thought to become addressed before this phase.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

I live in Green Hills and I would much rather have Krystals there. I wish they would just leave things as they are. 

So, the neighborhood should never evolve or improve because you're used to having your tiny hamburgers in a particular spot?

• Like 1