Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Then new Dillard's is open. Grand Opening this Thursday. The interior is very spacious, compared to the old store, but nothing spectacular. A mised opportunity to distinguish themselves from Macy's and Nordstrom. 

Also, there doesn't appear to be a covered connection or even a defined connection to rest of the Mall, which considering how much parking is there, will be problematic. Maybe I missed it or it will be coming down the road.

Edited by Nash_12South

A Staybridge Suites Hotel will be coming to 350 21st Ave. North near the intersection of Charlotte Avenue. No announcement of size nor renderings offered for the 1.6 acre site yet by developer Levine Investments LP of Phoenix.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20856140/phoenixbased-developer-eyes-staybridge-hotel-in-midtown

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 7.54.55 AM.png

• Like 2

Company sells West Nashville HQ

Western Express Inc., a trucking company, has sold its 50-acre campus in West Nashville.

The Tennessean reports that a partnership led by businessman Pete Delay paid $15 million for the property, located at 7131 and 7135 Centennial Place, near John C. Tune Airport.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/03/27/company-sells-west-nashville-hq.html

From today's Tennessean, some further info and a new rendering of the Bells Bluff complex:

The Beach Co. plans the 402-unit Bells Bluff apartment community on 44 acres at 7600 Cabot Drive in West Nashville. That project planned for the banks of the Cumberland River will include studio, one, two and three bedroom units with a riverfront amenity package that will include a clubroom, fitness center and cantilevered pool.

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 1.50.43 PM.png

• Like 2

From the current Restoration Hardware to Brooks Brothers, upstairs and downstairs (former basement)- this is the last of the original strip center. The under construction new Restoration removed the last of that end of the old strip center. Cheesecake and the Container Store removed the middle portion.

• Like 1

I made it into this area for the first time in years last week to go to the Hattie B's (Also a first for me). This area has changed so much since I was last over here. It kinda made me want to move over there haha. I went to a friends place at Station 40 apartments. That place was incredible inside, but it should be considering their rent. Part of me wishes I could stomach those cost just so I could experience the area, but the townhome I am in now is so affordable, just not in the cool area. 

• Like 2

Large self-storage/commercial space coming to Sylvan Park.  A site plan submitted by developer Spacebox Storage of Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, shows 85,100 square feet of self-storage use in a four-story structure along with 1,000 square feet of office space and retail spaces of 1,750 and 3,150 square feet at .70 acre location at 4305-4307 Alabama Ave.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/04/03/land-bought-sylvan-park-area-office-retail-and-self-storage-project/99978832/

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 2.26.06 PM.png

• Like 1

This looks better than the Option Rentals facility as that neighborhood transitions to upscale at a rapid clip. Apparently, there will be retail and office at ground. Here's a rendering accompanying story... 

636268360807791869-charlottestorage.JPG

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

From the Nashville Post:

A large-scale lot owned by HCA and located across the 28th/31st Avenue Connector from oneC1TY is slated for a parking garage. An HCA spokeswoman said soil and rock testing has been undertaken on the site, which runs along Charlotte Avenue, “as part of preparations” for construction of the parking facility. The garage will sit on land on which HCA has maintained modular offices.

The spokeswoman said HCA is not ready to provide additional information regarding the planned parking facility, including number of floors, start date, construction manager, price tag, architect and image.

Raleigh-based engineering design and development and infrastructure consulting services company S&ME Inc. handled the geoenvironmental work. HCA Realty Inc. acquired the 9.41-acre site in October 2011 for $10.2 million.

Relatedly, HCA is updating its office building located at 2555 Park Plaza. Harvest Construction Co. is overseeing the roughly $40 million job, with a recently issued permit valued at about $29.13 million.

The lot where the garage will go is where the large concert slab is at the center of this shot:

Screenshot 2017-04-09 06.11.24.png

• Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 6:14 AM, markhollin said:

From the Nashville Post:

A large-scale lot owned by HCA and located across the 28th/31st Avenue Connector from oneC1TY is slated for a parking garage. An HCA spokeswoman said soil and rock testing has been undertaken on the site, which runs along Charlotte Avenue, “as part of preparations” for construction of the parking facility. The garage will sit on land on which HCA has maintained modular offices.

The spokeswoman said HCA is not ready to provide additional information regarding the planned parking facility, including number of floors, start date, construction manager, price tag, architect and image.

Raleigh-based engineering design and development and infrastructure consulting services company S&ME Inc. handled the geoenvironmental work. HCA Realty Inc. acquired the 9.41-acre site in October 2011 for $10.2 million.

Relatedly, HCA is updating its office building located at 2555 Park Plaza. Harvest Construction Co. is overseeing the roughly $40 million job, with a recently issued permit valued at about $29.13 million.

The lot where the garage will go is where the large concert slab is at the center of this shot:

Screenshot 2017-04-09 06.11.24.png

The Employee update we got on this a while back was that they are adding a parking garage where the trailer offices were, which we were using for overflow.

The garage will have an estimated 600 spots and the current breeze way that goes over the train tracks connecting the two lots will get elevators and be closed in and climate controlled for the harder weather months. 

• Like 2

Another indicator that the Charlotte Ave. corridor is piping hot. A medical building property at 1912 Charlotte sells for $1.98 million...50% higher than what it sold for just a year ago.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/04/09/nashvilles-charlotte-avenue-building-flipped-50-percent-gain/100204574/

Charlotte.JPG