BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

Hmmm so I wonder if those are the final renderings of the WES since he is using them on the FB page?  I sure hope not.

Looks like it...

The most recent rendering of the West End Summit buildings can be seen below. The buildings will feature a sleek design that will transform the makeup of midtown Nashville. Stay tuned for more updates from Alex Palmer & Company!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=118606181647913&set=a.118606178314580.22589.111439832364548&type=1&theater

252654_118606181647913_215890996_n.jpg

The image is so shoddy and I can't believe they are calling it 'official.'  Oh well, they are proud of it nonetheless.  Future images and the final product could look quite different.   As has been mentioned before, that image looks like a sloppy cut-and-paste job.  Not worth framing, IMO.   :)  Ready to see the foundation underway.

252654_118606181647913_215890996_n.jpg

The little one has a shorter haircut than his big brother. Even if it doesn't address the streets too well, it should attract development that will. It's absurd how undeveloped that area is, between West End/the hospitals/Charlotte/I-40. I thought the success of (what is now) Bell MidTown would attract more apts, at least, to the area.

Def not the best, but I still am really excited about it. I was driving by it Tuesday night and it really hit me about how much this project will change that area. It will dominate the skyline from that side of the interstate. Hard to really tell from that angle about the impact, but driving by and then thinking about how tall it will be is nice to think about.

• 3 weeks later...

So I guess that is the final render since they are beginning construction soon?

Perhaps the final render, but at this point I would rather see the actual plans. The rendering looks like a quick, inexpensive job (but not unprofessional). If I had to guess, with so much time and money invested in this project, AP cares more about getting started than showing everyone what it will look like. 

I agree, but that rendering really does look like a bad cut-and-paste job.  The perspective is off on the tower on the left.  No doubt, a rush job. 

Now I have a gripe (please skip if you feel like it).

Why do the journos writing about just about any building in town (I am not in Nashville, but it happens here too) always seem to get details like the floor count so wrong.  I mean this article from J.R. Lind (who is probably the best local beat writer in Nashville at this time) even says the towers will be 17 and 20 stories... while the articles by Nevin Battiwalla (himslelf no slouch) from his interview gave us 17 and 22?  I am inclined to think that J.R. got it wrong, as Nevin's piece was written from an interview.  However, having said that... with the announcement of the hotel, even those floor counts have been screwed around (from 11 garage and 7 hotel floors to 6 garage and 11 hotel floors).  And not to pick on them, back when the Omni was first announced, it was stated that the building would be 21 floors (they're still saying that!!!), which is totally incorrect... If you go out to the building and count the floors, it is 24 floors.  So c'mon writers... please try to get it right.  Especially when it is a tower that is announced.  Just ask the question: "How many floors?"

Okay, rant over!

Edited by MLBrumby

Perhaps the floor counts aren't exact yet.   During construction, the floor count can be often be changed by a few floors + or - with little or no modification to lower parts of the structure.

I agree, but that rendering really does look like a bad cut-and-paste job.  The perspective is off on the tower on the left.  No doubt, a rush job. 

Why do the journos writing about just about any building in town (I am not in Nashville, but it happens here too) always seem to get details like the floor count so wrong.  I mean this article from J.R. Lind (who is probably the best local beat writer in Nashville at this time) even says the towers will be 17 and 20 stories... while the articles by Nevin Battiwalla (himslelf no slouch) from his interview gave us 17 and 22?  I am inclined to think that J.R. got it wrong, as Nevin's piece was written from an interview.  However, having said that... with the announcement of the hotel, even those floor counts have been screwed around (from 11 garage and 7 hotel floors to 6 garage and 11 hotel floors).  And not to pick on them, back when the Omni was first announced, it was stated that the building would be 21 floors (they're still saying that!!!), which is totally incorrect... If you go out to the building and count the floors, it is 24 floors.  So c'mon writers... please try to get it right.  Especially when it is a tower that is announced.  Just ask the question: "How many floors?"

Okay, rant over!

Okay, rant over!

It's not just building.  Pretty much any story I've followed closely has had numerous errors.  On big national stories, everyone repeats the other's mistakes and you have to wait until a book on the event comes out to find out important facts that were simply omitted from the collectively evolved narrative.  Maybe reporting is harder than we think it is, maybe they're careless.  They are definitely more interested in getting it fast than right. 

Why not build one 60 story tower that includes the office and hotel components into one building? The second tower could be a Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Barney's New York, and a Bergdorf Goodman’s.

You should just make one large post that is a list entitled: "These are the high-end shopping establishments that I know.  Please tell me it's impressive."

Why not build one 60 story tower that includes the office and hotel components into one building? The second tower could be a Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Barney's New York, and a Bergdorf Goodman’s.

Totally. They should also have the fountains out front filled with Veuve Clicquot and each level of the parking garage dedicated to specific automobile marques, e.g. Rolls Royce level, Ferrari level, Bugatti level...totally.  /s

Well, initially I figured it was a joke too.  But somewhere between the 10th and 50th time that line was trotted out there, I begin to assume that it actually wasn't a joke, because that's way too long to commit to a joke, especially one that wasn't really that funny to begin with.

• Like 1