BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

As for the Shell station, if they are tearing the thing down, then the new structure may have to comply with new design guidelines if those are already in place for that spot.  Kroger built a new fuel center in my neighborhood that complied with the Gallatin Road SP for landscaping, construction materials, and signage.  The station is built out of nice brick and has special lighting that focuses down on the cars but not out toward the neighboring houses.  The Gallatin SP also required a knee wall and plantings to separate the car bays from the street.  It's pretty nice.  At least, it's much better than they eyesore that was there before.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Looking forward to this project finally starting. It should help to revitalize the entire area. Look for a high rise condo in the future. I could see people living in the condo and walking across the street to work. It would be nice to see an elevated pedestrian walking bridge like the ones Vanderbilt constructed along 21st Avenue to service these buildings.

Looking forward to this project finally starting. It should help to revitalize the entire area. Look for a high rise condo in the future. I could see people living in the condo and walking across the street to work. It would be nice to see an elevated pedestrian walking bridge like the ones Vanderbilt constructed along 21st Avenue to service these buildings.

I have been thinking the same thing. Someone is going to make a bold staement over on this side at some point very soon by builiding a highrise apartment or condo building I think.

That may have some influence on what gets built at the NW Mutual site too. I think we are going to see clusters of midrise buildings sprouting up all around the CBD at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

More excavation?  I mean, they knew that they were planning to use the whole block anyway, regardless of what went up top.  Why didn't they just finish the job when they were at it the first time?

They never finished due to law suits from contractors and not having tenants for the buildings.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most developers do not update their websites. Tony G. has not updated his site since his three tower proposal in November 2011. I don't know why they don't.

Most developers do not update their websites. Tony G. has not updated his site since his three tower proposal in November 2011. I don't know why they don't.

Because money. Why waste money when your main tenant is already signed? 

I expect once the foundation begins to be poured we will see something show up giving us a better idea of what's going on.