Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Absolute garbage list!

I know because #2 is lexington, ky.

I lived there for years. I believe 'most controlled' but not 'best run'. Not that horses aren't great animals but they have more land than the humans. They have better living circumstances than children. Especially within the circle, dilapidated houses placed against each other with essentially no yards; and I'm playing the race card, where most of the black population live. And even outside the circle, the houses are stacked on each other and all look the same and boring as all get out because the city controls it so much and only allow a few select builders. Try to drive a mile and it takes 10 hours with all the red lights. The only people that enjoy a yard are the super rich that don't work and have time in their hands and money to waste gambling on horses. They could take some of that money and help out the homeless that stand at each ramp off new circle. Sorry for the rant but that is a trash list.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

You have to take the bad stuff with the good. Four TN cities rank near the bottom as far as the best/worst run cities. Nashville as always is a poorly run city along with the other big four of the state.

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-run-cities/22869

Nashville 125th???  I agree this is generally nonsense garbage.  Look carefully at the major cities that Nashville ranks better and how relatively close Nashville is to other large metros like Atlanta.  Eliminate, the podunk cities that are very much smaller and you will see Nashville ranks quite well  with similar or larger cities.  I think their ranking criteria is badly skewed.  This list really tells us nothing overall.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NissanvilleTitans said:

Absolute garbage list!

I know because #2 is lexington, ky.

I lived there for years. I believe 'most controlled' but not 'best run'. Not that horses aren't great animals but they have more land than the humans. They have better living circumstances than children. Especially within the circle, dilapidated houses placed against each other with essentially no yards; and I'm playing the race card, where most of the black population live. And even outside the circle, the houses are stacked on each other and all look the same and boring as all get out because the city controls it so much and only allow a few select builders. Try to drive a mile and it takes 10 hours with all the red lights. The only people that enjoy a yard are the super rich that don't work and have time in their hands and money to waste gambling on horses. They could take some of that money and help out the homeless that stand at each ramp off new circle. Sorry for the rant but that is a trash list.

Yep.  True.  I come from a long line of Lexington close kin.  Went there several times a year  from Nashville for almost 8 decades now.  My aunt and uncle recently sold 10 acres adjacent to the airport and  several hundred acres directly on Man of War Blvd.  I guess they qualify as super rich. but I don't think they are much into gambling and horse racing thgough.  They are in their late 80s.

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

You have to take the bad stuff with the good. Four TN cities rank near the bottom as far as the best/worst run cities. Nashville as always is a poorly run city along with the other big four of the state.

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-run-cities/22869

Nampa, ID at number one is hilarious to me. I’d agree with Boise City that high, I remember Boise being fairly well ran, with services and parks being excellent growing up. 

30 minutes ago, NissanvilleTitans said:

Hey Baronakim, yeah, I'm sorry man. I hope I didn't offend you. I went a little too far in my rant.

There is no denying there are people like that but I sort of grouped all rich people together, lol. There are good people that are rich. In fact, I'm sorry for the rant to everyone. But yeah, that list is crap.

That was a rant?  No problem.  i feel the same way most of the time.   Most of my life I thought I was a born and bred Southerner and was well on my way to being proud of (and rabid about) my Confederate heritage.  But doing geneological research, i found out virtually ALL of my kin were from northern Kentucky and before that, Massachusetts.  Only my grandfather moved here to Nashville jus before WW1.

Edited by Baronakim

There is no denying that Nashville is a poorly run city. I am not a fan of the rankings system, but I do have to say the way Metro does stuff is archaic at best. They are not very good at handling money and sometimes think the mayor whoever that is at the time needs to take each department and overhaul it. I think there is a lot of waste in all areas and a lot of folks running departments that are not qualified to do so.

I do not want to get into on here and will not and shall hold my tongue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Going out to fly my drone. Taking requests

gonna hit up

Geodis

Nashville Yards

Nashville Warehouse Co

I enjoy the views from above Ft. Negley from DT and west end. You have done that a couple times before, and it'd be interesting to see the change from last time. Thanks!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rolly said:

Interesting Airbnb news.

"Revenues are down nearly 50% in cities like Phoenix and Austin. 

Watch out for a wave of forced selling from Airbnb owners later this year in the areas hit hardest by the revenue collapse."

Glad to see Asheville on the list. Maybe I can actually afford a place now.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rolly said:

Interesting Airbnb news.

"Revenues are down nearly 50% in cities like Phoenix and Austin. 

Watch out for a wave of forced selling from Airbnb owners later this year in the areas hit hardest by the revenue collapse."

Why are the revenues collapsing? 

48 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

This helps explain some. The big reason is supply is outpacing demand. Too many people think they can make a quick buck off of a house they poured their life savings into and now the birds are coming home to roost. The article below is stating too that a lot of people that got into AirB&B over the last couple of years are upside-down because they paid too much, and they have a high interest rate. I also have a theory that some of these owners are just A-Holes with outrageous demands for their guest. I would never stay in one simply because I am not going to take out my own garbage, clean my own sheets and dishes. Thats why I stay in hotels. When it is all said and done the price for the most part is cheaper, and I don't have some idiot owner looking over my shoulder. 

This will force a lot of these people to sell their homes. Now one of two things will happen. Corporate buyers will come in and low ball them and hurt the market or normal buyers will come in and it will help ease the housing crisis in cities like Nashville and Ausitn. I have no sympathy at all for price gouging. That is what a lot of these people do. They build home in crappy sections of town and rent to unsuspecting tourist thinking they are in safe areas and charge them out the wazoo for a home that is not really safe. These AirB&B apartments are going to be trouble as well, but they may lower their rents to rent to normal long-term renters and lower the average rent in town.

Airbnb Revenue Collapse Sparks Housing Market Crash Fears (newsweek.com)

Why Airbnb owners are about to Sell (reventure.app)

I'm not saying AirBnB and other STR are the total reason for upending the housing market in Nashville...but they really didn't help it. Not sorry to see them struggling. Hopefully it will free up some more housing for people who are trying to buy to live there.

Back last year when I was in town for my niece's birth, we stayed at an AirBnB because of proximity to my sister and brother in law's apartment and having a dog with us. The listing made it look like it was single owner that had put it up as an STR while out of town, so we felt less bad about using an STR. Turned out it was a company that had bought the entirety of a small condo/apartment building on 18th Ave near Vandy, removing 20+ 2br units in a handsome 1930s-40s building from the market. 

Edited by Nathan_in_DC
  • Like 2