Duke Energy Center - 48 Story Office Tower in Charlotte

dubone

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was an article in the O the other day. I can't remember who wrote it, but they suggested leaving the handle unclad, just open trusses like it is now and light it up Panther Blue internally or with floods or something. I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

I hope that the cladding they are putting on the handle is something semi-translucent like smoked glass that can be lit up from the interior so that the lighting effect would cover the entire width and height of the handle simultaneously and the fading effect would be more dramatic in a "light show" than lights shining up onto the handle from below.

Also, while throwing ideas out, perhaps they could put LEDS on the handle facing the stadium that lit up TOUCHDOWN or have other related messages during Panther games or could act as a gigantic stock ticker.

The lights went in a slower sequence and with larger sections being the same color. I assume the lighting experts are figuring out which scheme looks best.

I wonder if they will do anything for the game Saturday or not because it's not finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! Cool! I was wondering if the skyline on the scoreboard at TWC would get the new buildings too...

A lot of the signs in the CLT airport need an update too... Most of them are from at least 10 years ago it seems. The Duke Tower will look pretty nice on the TWC arena scoreboard. BTW - every out of towner I've taken to TWCA thinks the skyline in the overhead scoreboard is an awesome feature.

A lot of the signs in the CLT airport need an update too... Most of them are from at least 10 years ago it seems. The Duke Tower will look pretty nice on the TWC arena scoreboard. BTW - every out of towner I've taken to TWCA thinks the skyline in the overhead scoreboard is an awesome feature.

True - the one on the large column in the A concourse is horrible...it's just so old. No Hearst Tower on it even. Not to mention Trademark, Catalyst, Avenue, Westin, Vue, Duke... They are much in need of an update.

This update is mostly meaningless, but if you've been to Trader Joe's lately, they have added the Duke Power Tower to their skyline.

That's a damn shame....Trader Joe's is more up to date with their skyline than the freakin Visitor's Center, or Charlotte-Douglas Airport signs of the skyline, and even the refrigerator magnets and such that you find in gas stations, the mall etc......why is everyone so behind on this? Some of them dont even have the Hearst Tower yet!

Archived