Duke Energy Center - 48 Story Office Tower in Charlotte

dubone

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh we must have just missed each other, Jaygee! I was in Uptown tonight and took the following photos of the LED lights and arts complex:

Ha, that's pretty funny. I was there around 9 - 9:30.

I was regretting not bringing my super wide angle lens, but then it does not have Image Stabilization and I was shooting hand-held.

115613355.jpg

A big woooooo hooooo to the Bechtler! That iconic front column could very well end up being a major Charlotte landmark. Thanks for posting the terrific pics!

I second that... Awesome is the only adjective to describe Bechtler for me. Does anyone know if the lights on the Duke Energy Center will light up at once in one color or will thy keep changing colors and "climb" up the tower?

This whole complex is going to be the face of Charlotte for years to come. Everytime you see an image of Charlotte on a website, new publication, travelocity, whatever - you're going to see this view.

True. I imagine Duke Energy will be lit up blue for Panthers games. It will look imposing and impressive from inside the stadium. It will be the favorite intro/cut-away shot for broadcasts.

I second that... Awesome is the only adjective to describe Bechtler for me. Does anyone know if the lights on the Duke Energy Center will light up at once in one color or will thy keep changing colors and "climb" up the tower?

I'm thinking it will be VERY programmable!

Admittedly this is a very bad video, but you can see the changing colors.

Click to go to bad video

I walked by last night and saw that the footprints and uplighting are prepared for the "Firebird" on the plaza at street level and not up away from the street as we had heard they would move it. I am glad that it will be at the street level for people to see up close. It is a very cool sculpture will make for more amazing photos of that building, which is jaw-droppingly beautiful, especially at night.

Also, I hope they will have enough maintenance money to scrape all the gum spots that will show up eventually on the terra cotta plaza.

Does anyone happen to know if people who are strolling the Green will have a direct view of the Bechtler? (and vice versa) If so, talk about eye candy, and in such a deeply urbane setting. Overall, this project is turning out to be quite exciting.

Yes, you do have a good view of it. This photo is looking over the top of the convention center, across the Green at Bechtler.

3651777576_087d78bc6d_o.jpg

Click HERE

Then select 3D Renderings, then select Commercial & Mixed Use and there is a new rendering for the Wachovia project there. It shows the Firebird statue in great detail, very cool.

Is that an internal rendering for the condo tower that I see under "high-rise residential"?

Found some interesting info on the Duke Energy Center via a newsletter from Wells Fargo:

1) The Duke tower is 90% leased. Only 155,000 Sq ft remain.

2) Temporary Certificate of occupancy will be issued in December. Up fits for the first 40 floors will begin in October. The remaining floors will probably begin sometime in January.

3) Wells Fargo has the first 10 floors.

4) There will be 38,000 sq ft of retail. Tenants include a coffee shop, upscale bar/lounge, art gallery, fitness center (wasn't the Y supposed to go here?), food market, and signature restaurant that will open next fall.

It looks like the Vue's location, not Wachovia's condo tower.

You are correct. It's even labeled such at the bottom, but I just only saw that. :)

4) There will be 38,000 sq ft of retail. Tenants include a coffee shop, upscale bar/lounge, art gallery, fitness center (wasn't the Y supposed to go here?), food market, and signature restaurant that will open next fall.

I know it's probably wishful thinking, but I'd rather that signature restaurant be anything but a steakhouse.

Archived