Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

Three towers, that’s news to me, since I work for that company in uptown with them… 

they exited 1 Wells and 2 wells, and went into their new 600,000 sqft in Duke Energy. They still have 3 wells which they have spent a bunch to renovate the interior, and 550 brevard, which is very nice. 

So baffling to me how so many contributors on here speak with so much conviction about things they haven’t researched and hardly have a handle on.  Consequently very important lessons are served to me here that have nothing to do with the thread topic. 

Edited by RANYC

23 minutes ago, ABCW said:

I think it is supposed to be red lettering placed directly on the structure. 

Can’t find a single instance of WF using red lettering in its signage. That said, as of 2019, they’re not using yellow either so perhaps it looks something like one of these. 

IMG_4557.jpeg

IMG_4560.jpeg

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Three towers, that’s news to me, since I work for that company in uptown with them… 

they exited 1 Wells and 2 wells, and went into their new 600,000 sqft in Duke Energy. They still have 3 wells which they have spent a bunch to renovate the interior, and 550 brevard, which is very nice. 

Well Fargo Main is also being emptied. The department I support is there. Only the branch remains. 

• Like 1

Yes council gets final approval after departmental review but only pays any attention to rezonings by exception. I can see them being influenced by the company itself to go against any recommendations though. My hold up is the colors mostly. If they did white letters on blue glass it would look good. Adding yellow red or both to an entirely blue and white tower looks gaudy. And yes there is some hypocrisy in there with NIMBYism but I do think there is a difference. I know people who moved out of nearby apartments because of the TRUIST lighting. I agree in principle that owners of a building have a general right to altering it, but there has to be exceptions. That’s why planning processes exist, so that your 2,400 a month apartment doesn’t all of a sudden become bathed in purple light all night every night. 

Edited by Guest

15 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Can’t find a single instance of WF using red lettering in its signage. That said, as of 2019, they’re not using yellow either so perhaps it looks something like one of these. 

IMG_4557.jpeg

IMG_4560.jpeg

Our own 550 Brevard uses red letters…

13 hours ago, Miesian Corners said:

Well Fargo Main is also being emptied. The department I support is there. Only the branch remains. 

Which one is Wells Fargo main?  We might be talking the same building. The 12 story annex attached to 2 Wells?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Our own 550 Brevard uses red letters…

Which one is Wells Fargo main?  We might be talking the same building. The 12 story annex attached to 2 Wells?

WF Main is the original 12-story First Union HQ on Tryon. It opened in 1954. Although it's connected to Two Wells Fargo, it's considered a separate structure and (was) entirely occupied by the bank. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Miesian Corners said:

WF Main is the original 12-story First Union HQ on Tryon. It opened in 1954. Although it's connected to Two Wells Fargo, it's considered a separate structure and (was) entirely occupied by the bank. 

Never knew that, I used to be on the floor with the AV studios a while back. Now I am in 3. Never heard it called main. For the purposes of vacating, that and two wells are all one building now we huge floor plates

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Biggest issues within the 277 loop may not be the proposed Wells Fargo sign on their tower but something over at 0-4 Mint Street just saying.  

Large public subsidies for stadium upgrades or replacement are a much tougher sell for a winless team.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Downtown Philadelphia association did this report on how downtowns have recovered before and after Covid.

Charlotte uptown is one of the 25 other  cities they looked at and we are in the top third of recoveries.   Fifth best in core downtown employment rebound.  Charlotte had 3rd smallest percentage job loss in the core.  Visitor recovery is the 5th best.  Nashville was the best basically driven by tourism and their high employment in that category and those jobs must be done in person.   Whereas many Charlotte uptown jobs can be done from home.  

download your report here

Center City District | Downtowns Rebound: The Data Driven Path to Recovery (centercityphila.org)

You're on it @KJHburg

• Like 1

From the pictures, STK looks pretty cool inside. Although the location is going to give them a huge patio space which is good, I just can’t imagine how awesome this type of steakhouse (“vibe dining”) would have been on the 27th floor where Bentleys on 27 used to be. That would have been an experience. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

From the pictures, STK looks pretty cool inside. Although the location is going to give them a huge patio space which is good, I just can’t imagine how awesome this type of steakhouse (“vibe dining”) would have been on the 27th floor where Bentleys on 27 used to be. That would have been an experience. 

"Maybe Charlotte gets a Nobu up there"-My girlfriend and not me who doesn't like sushi

• Like 2