Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

this is such a great time to be here, what an amazing city

but back to trump, I cannot wait for the details on the towers and designs

You know, i've been thinking the same....was in St Louis and Milwaukee recently. In both cases, I thought neither city came close to the Charlotte in terms of its dynamic feeling. They both had their nice points, but there's something kinetic about Charlotte. I've grew up in the area and have enjoyed watching this city grow and am looking forward to see what happens next.

Well, I originally sniffed at SRSS as a potential architect for the Trump Tower, but they are doing the 54-story Mandarin Oriental Hotel & Residences in Atlanta, and I absolutely love the design. It's almost good enough, that I wouldn't mind it eclipsing BofA in height. It's modern, yet still elegent. Of course, I hope that Trump dictates the groundlevel to include much more access to retail.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...st&p=748977

If people in the "know" are reading this thread, they're probably having a good time watch us speculate.

I have a feeling more people are watching this than everyone thinks...and I don't think they are having a good time watching. Without saying too much...there are at least a few people who are in major trouble (with the law) for spilling the beans on the Trump deal...don't know if it was someone who let out confidential information here or somewhere else...but people definitley take notice when deals this big are on the line. If anyone is wondering where I heard this...I overheard someone at a coffee shop talking about it and I have no idea who they were.

For Metro...would Urban Planet give personal information to authorities if the authorities asked...or is UP like Google and they won't do it? One other thing...have authorites ever come to UP in the past (if you can discuss)?

Bottom line...if you are one of the few in the "know" be careful with what information you share.

I think, or would hope, that most people share what they are allowed to share. There are parts of deals here in Charlotte I know about, but wouldn't divulge until such time that it is appropriate and/or available to the public (has been announced or is found in public record). I would hope anyone in the position of being in the "know" about big stuff would also be smart enough to not jeapardize what they "know" and/or their job.

Are there really people in trouble for the Trump deal? That surprises me only because enough was out in the public eye as far as I could see and I heard about it from numerous unrelated sources far in advance of seeing it on here. But maybe they were the ones that created that!

Ah yes....Non-Disclosure Agreements....don't sign them if you aren't going to stand by them.

However, I think in this case, a lot of it had to do with lots of coincidences that seemed to point to the obvious conclusions....i.e. some people heard Trump was in town, some people heard a super-high rise was being designed, some people heard a key piece of land was being put under contract, and some people like Lukedog keep their ears open in coffee shops. I've certainly gotten my fair share of info from items being shown or discussed in plain view.

For Metro...would Urban Planet give personal information to authorities if the authorities asked...or is UP like Google and they won't do it? One other thing...have authorites ever come to UP in the past (if you can discuss)?

Bottom line...if you are one of the few in the "know" be careful with what information you share.

We have been asked to remove leaked information on our site by developers for example and we always comply. The last thing we wish to do here at UrbanPlanet.org is to prevent a project from being built. We take pride in giving our users anonymity while on our forums but this is a public place and each individual will be held legally responsible for any words said here, unfortunately UP does not have the backing that Google does to defend anyone's anonymity. Once something is posted to our forums however it is almost immediately cached elsewhere on the net by Google, Yahoo, etc. or by someone else reading the site and then blogging about it.

Whether or not authorities have ever asked for information is confidential but I will double your comment suggesting those in "the know" be very careful with what information in shared. UrbanPlanet.org is unable to offer protection of anonymity when pressed by the legal system. ;)

I'm not sure that Trump didn't want the beans to be spilled. The New Orleans project began as a rumor 1 month before the announcement. The rumor began one day after 300 S. Tryon was announced; I don't think that was a coincidence. So Trump might have meant for the rumors to circulate to gain some buzz, but if he didn't and people are telling things to us that we really, really, shouldn't know, please don't tell us any more. We don't want to risk this project for an extra couple weeks of knowledge about it.

I'm not sure that Trump didn't want the beans to be spilled. The New Orleans project began as a rumor 1 month before the announcement. The rumor began one day after 300 S. Tryon was announced; I don't think that was a coincidence. So Trump might have meant for the rumors to circulate to gain some buzz, but if he didn't and people are telling things to us that we really, really, shouldn't know, please don't tell us any more. We don't want to risk this project for an extra couple weeks of knowledge about it.

Aside from idle speculation, didn't this rumor become more substantial once his son confirmed a serious interrest in the city of Charlotte? If anyone spilled the beans early, it would have been his son, yes/no?

What about the Observer? Two weeks ago today they ran the Ghazi South Tryon story and alluded to the fact Ghazi wanted to wait to see what Trump's plans are. As for this forum, it's not real until we see the steel. Talk is cheap, although it's fun to speculate. Personally, I don't think anything of substance has been revealed here....rumored maybe, but nothing concrete. Even a reply to one of my posts made reference to a published (I think by CBJ) meeting to be held between the city and Trump's people. Nothing on this forum to this point would damn the proposed (rumored) project IMO.

Aside from idle speculation, didn't this rumor become more substantial once his son confirmed a serious interrest in the city of Charlotte? If anyone spilled the beans early, it would have been his son, yes/no?

I would say no. Based off of Neos last comment, and certain members post getting deleted.

I do know that one building that was recently announced downtown was fast-tracked for an earlier start date because of the speed at which Novare has been moving forward and getting ready for market in 3rd Ward. Often these leaks are very intentional and often press releases are done to try and get out early when a developer knows another is getting ready for their announcement. Though I'm sure many things are "spilled" before they are intended, many others are part of systematic plans.

What about the Observer? Two weeks ago today they ran the Ghazi South Tryon story and alluded to the fact Ghazi wanted to wait to see what Trump's plans are. As for this forum, it's not real until we see the steel. Talk is cheap, although it's fun to speculate. Personally, I don't think anything of substance has been revealed here....rumored maybe, but nothing concrete. Even a reply to one of my posts made reference to a published (I think by CBJ) meeting to be held between the city and Trump's people. Nothing on this forum to this point would damn the proposed (rumored) project IMO.

I am sure there was a very limited number of people in the know on this project...especially early on. If the observer ran a story 2 weeks ago on Trump he has probably been working on this for many months (I would guess). In cases like this it probably isn't hard to narrow it down to the "guilty" parties. I don't know who the individuals are, or when and where they first leaked it. As everyone has said...it's not worth it to leak confidential information and people like Trump will most likely will take legal action.

I can say with certainty that this project will happen. Have heard from a reliable source that this will be a large undertaking with two towers (as we have speculated on UP) and the tallest should be in the 70 story range. Hotel, restaurant and retail will be another important aspect.

So for those that are thinking that it won't happen at that site, it will. My source said "It's going to happen."

Let's hope that the design will be a complimentary addition to the skyline. From seeing what he has planned in Atlanta and Chicago, I'm expecting something grand for Charlotte!

I say - Welcome Donald!

Not that it has any implications for Charlotte, but Trump has taken a couple of body blows this week. First, we receive news that his Tampa project is all but dead (no loss, as it was butt-ugly). Then we learn that his Toronto tower is being reduced from 70 stories to 57 stories, as apparently that's all financing will cover.

^And that would be relevant to Charlotte because........

Well, it certainly could give wind that Charlotte's project could at the very least be scaled back if Trump's other projects are falling under hard times. If Toronto can't obtain a 70 story Trump tower I'm not sure that Charlotte could.

Those body blows probably pale in comparison to the "Stone Cold Stunner" he took at the WWE event in Detroit!

Trump's licensing deals, like Tampa and Toronto, are just that. Don't confuse them with TRUMP development projects like the one they are proposing to build there in Charlotte.

According to my sources, Tampa was an eluvial soil issue that forced the developer to go low. Anyone who thinks that financing is an issue with The Trump Organization is obviously coo coo.

^And that would be relevant to Charlotte because........

Well, I'm just absolutely shocked that you chimed in. I clearly stipulated that it probably didn't have any implications for Charlotte. But things Trump are much-discussed on this thread. And I thought someone might be at least marginally interested.