CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

There are a couple of signs out along Woodruff Road that show a better rendering of the condo tower(s). I've got a photo of one of them that I'll post as soon as I get it downloaded off of the camera. They look a bit nicer than the Myrtle Beach-style tower rendering that we had seen previously. :thumbsup:

i ate at a Chipotle up in Ohio over the weekend and thought it was "meh" at best....don't get me wrong it was good and all but how many more places like this do we need around here....that and the fact that they charge extra for chips was kind of annoying

I personally enjoy Salsarita's for such kind of food...

I forgot to mention...

Unless you are feeling adventurous and like to backtrack, DO NOT take the road behind the mall to go around and attempt to go out of the parking lot at the exit nearest Roper Mountain Road. Yes, the barricades are open behind the mall, but every exit on that side is fenced off and you'll have to turn around and back track to get back out.

Also, some heavy machineary has been moved on-site at the end nearest the old Dillard's and it looks like they're preparing to demolish the place starting on that end.

Rt, what happened to the pic you were gonna post? :unsure: Tomorrow, i'm gonna go out and take pics of this and Verdae development. I was going to do it today, but the weather made me change my mind.

Sorry - I've been away from my camera for a couple of days. I just got home this evening and will try to get it posted this evening or tomorrow evening.

THE DEMOLITION HAS BEGUN!!!!!!

Also, Greenville City Planning COmmision signs on the site lead me to think this is the site being annexed.

If the signs are for the City, and not the County, it would have to mean it was annexing, since otherwise the city would not have jurisdiction. if that is the case, it really is good to see this area come into the city after so many years outside of it. This is also encouraging news for the County Square deal, because annexation is required for that deal to work. If that were off the table, annexing might not be necessary.

I had assumed this was in the city, as Greenridge, which is further out, was annexed, correct?

That's correct. If you have a look at this area on the Greenville County GIS site, you'll see a sea of yellow with a big grey hole where Greenville Mall/Magnolia Park Town Center is. It'll be nice to see that fill in with yeller, too. :thumbsup:

This is great. I'd like for them to release an updated rendering with some cool views. Anyone know what the time table is for construction?

Folks, it is ON! And anyone familiar with the developer's past work knows there will be nothing cheesy about this project. It's going to be something Greenville and the upstate are proud of and deserve.

I've heard new construction will begin in the 1st Q, starting on the "power" side of the center, and moving toward the "lifestyle" side in front of Regal in phases.

Folks, it is ON! And anyone familiar with the developer's past work knows there will be nothing cheesy about this project. It's going to be something Greenville and the upstate are proud of and deserve.

I've heard new construction will begin in the 1st Q, starting on the "power" side of the center, and moving toward the "lifestyle" side in front of Regal in phases.

So does that mean that anything with any height will be coming last? <_< BOOOOO! I say leave Costco for last. No one is going to be dying to get it open when Sam's and BJ's are next door!

• 2 weeks later...

When I moved to Gville ten years ago, this Mall had just been demolished and re-built. Now it's happening all over again, barely a decade later. Amazing.

Greenville Mall was not demolished ten years ago, it was remodeled.

I realize the mall died several years ago, and that 25 years ago when Haywood opened, it had no chance, but I always thought as a structure it was very nice looking. I always loved that glass pyramid and fountains in the mall. I had some nice touches that were unique to our area. I always sorta hate it for good looking, structurally sound buildings to be torn down.