CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

I wonder what the chances are of an official Apple Store going in at the new development? As I understand it the Apple Shop in the CompUSA next door is one of the best performing ones in the region. I wonder if Apple put an official store in Greenville if they would leave the back corner of CompUSA and relocate everyone to the new center in a stand alone building or if they would keep the CompUSA presense and move to another part of town. Personally I'd love to see an Apple Store in the Cherrydale area but I think it would fit in better downtown either in Riverplace or maybe in the old Woolworth's location.

I would love to see an official Apple Store in the Upstate, but I think for now, the iPlace store is as close as we will get. That said, it is my opinion that the overwhelming sucess of the Apple Stores will lead to them expanding into smaller markets soon than they are saying. This is based on the fact that every time I go into the two closest to us (SouthPark and Lenox Square) they are rediculously crowded.

I would love to see an official Apple Store in the Upstate, but I think for now, the iPlace store is as close as we will get. That said, it is my opinion that the overwhelming sucess of the Apple Stores will lead to them expanding into smaller markets soon than they are saying. This is based on the fact that every time I go into the two closest to us (SouthPark and Lenox Square) they are rediculously crowded.

Yes, as an Apple user I'm glad to see iPlace. Been there a couple of times and they have had reps visit the local Mac User groups of which I am a member of one of them. The guy who represents the Apple Shop at CompUSA (Bobby Morrison) does an excellent job of representing Apple at CompUSA and despite Greenville being a smaller market I understand it has a great Mac presence. I wouldn't be surprised to see more choices for Mac Users to shop in the next couple of years.

Anyone seen the Magnolia Park Town Center sign covering the old Greenville Mall sign out front??? Seems like they are at least making some sort of progress. Also, did anyone catch the clip on the news about it? I missed it and was wondering if they said anything new...

Evidently cdude saw the signs :lol:

Signs for Magnolia Park Town Center are now up on the Greenville Mall site next to Woodruff Rd.

Evidently cdude saw the signs :lol:

Not only are there signs covering the old Greenville Mall signs, but there are large wooden signs up all along the site next to Woodruff Rd. Also, it shows the Harper Corp. emblem or whatever you want to call it on the bottom right of the wooden signs, so they must be doing work on this project. :thumbsup:

Edited by carolinadude9409

Yep we have one of our Superintendents out there now. He is hard to find since its such a big job but they are paying him to be out there while the demolition is going on. I figure they are going to start soon since they got him out there. He is about the best harper has got.

I am just ready for one of the larger projects to get underway. Anyone think this project will take as long as McBee project (or longer :wacko: ), it seems like they have been pushing dirt around there for months!

I suspect the demolition, once it begins, may be over with fairly quickly. I'm not sure how long the site prep and construction will take; however, I suspect it may take roughly as long as the Shops at Greenridge did, given it's size and scope (not including any high-rise, of course).

As for the site work at McBee Station, they've been doing more than just moving dirt. There are forms going in and concrete is being poured for the parking deck, which needs to be completed before things can be built on top of it.

I work with the Masons for harper and after this next week we are scheduled to start the block on the publix. They will go up fast. Just look for the blue hard hats. We will have 10 weeks to lay all the block on the building with 8 masons. They like to push us to get these things done so by the time we start them we are already behind. Publix are built stronger than any other grocery store. Maybe Rested Traveler could come out and take some pictures every week to chart our progress laying the block. It will be fast so some of you will be amazed.

-Evan

I work with the Masons for harper and after this next week we are scheduled to start the block on the publix. They will go up fast. Just look for the blue hard hats. We will have 10 weeks to lay all the block on the building with 8 masons. They like to push us to get these things done so by the time we start them we are already behind. Publix are built stronger than any other grocery store. Maybe Rested Traveler could come out and take some pictures every week to chart our progress laying the block. It will be fast so some of you will be amazed.

-Evan

Just let us know when you're set to begin and I'll try my best to get downtown to take some photos from up on the Church Street bridge.

I wonder what the chances are of an official Apple Store going in at the new development? As I understand it the Apple Shop in the CompUSA next door is one of the best performing ones in the region. I wonder if Apple put an official store in Greenville if they would leave the back corner of CompUSA and relocate everyone to the new center in a stand alone building or if they would keep the CompUSA presense and move to another part of town. Personally I'd love to see an Apple Store in the Cherrydale area but I think it would fit in better downtown either in Riverplace or maybe in the old Woolworth's location.

^ Now THAT is a great idea for this project.

Does anyone have a better copy of the diagram that was in the paper??? There new website is www.magnoliapark.com or at least that is what the signs say...however, I can't get anything to come up. :unsure:

They've got a splash page up now, but it's still under construction: http://www.magnoliapark.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Andy at The Shopping Center Group spoke yesterday at the Upstate Market Forcast and mentioned that their would be two Residential Towers. Also they are still in talks with two hotels. A traditional hotel and a extended stay.

OooooOOOOoooH! Could Magnolia park have a better skyline than downtown? :shok: jk, but that's awesome! I hope people really embrace the residential aspect.