CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

Its going to be very interesting. I would love to have some of the lumber and materials that are coming out of this thing. Marble, copper, scrap metal. A small fortune for some people like me at the bottom of the totem pole.

Edited by erm1981

I just learned that Costco will be putting a second store over at Westgate Mall on the former Proffits site. Supposedly this will be a freestanding location with no access to the mall yet sitting on the former anchor's exact location. Strange?

Did you guys know this already? I wasn't sure if this info was posted anywhere on this forum and although not directly related to Magnolia, it still seemed interesting. Glad to have Costco coming here first but kinda bummed to see that Sparkle City is getting one too so soon after us.

I just learned that Costco will be putting a second store over at Westgate Mall on the former Proffits site. Supposedly this will be a freestanding location with no access to the mall yet sitting on the former anchor's exact location. Strange?

Odd that the mall would go for that kind of set-up. The Rock Hill Galleria also has a Wal-Mart anchor not directly attached to the mall, except through an outside walkway, and the wing of the mall that leads to the blank wall where the Wal-Mart is on the other side is dead, despite having the anchor right there.

Did you guys know this already? I wasn't sure if this info was posted anywhere on this forum and although not directly related to Magnolia, it still seemed interesting. Glad to have Costco coming here first but kinda bummed to see that Sparkle City is getting one too so soon after us.

Its been in the Spartanburg section for some time now :) Its not really a big issue since its not part of a larger development like Magnolia Park.

Actually Spartanburg has had its Costco lined up as long as Greenville has, and given the nature of the Gville Mall site's demolition and the scale of that project, I would expect both stores to open at about the same time, if not at little earlier in Spartanburg. I also think its an unusual set up. Their plan is to put it out closer to I-26, so the space where Proffits sits today will be turned into parking. The plus side is that the parking lot where they are going to build it is never filled up anyway, since its so far from any entraces to the mall (except for maybe pre-Christmas shopping), so they will be removing unnecessary parking.

Just spoke to a source that said a partial tenant list for the village area of Magnolia Park could be releassed as early as the start of February. Some of the names I just heard back up rumored names I had heard this past year, and let me say, Greenville (and South Carolina even) retail are in for a great surprise! :yahoo: Anybody close to the project hearing the same?

Just spoke to a source that said a partial tenant list for the village area of Magnolia Park could be releassed as early as the start of February. Some of the names I just heard back up rumored names I had heard this past year, and let me say, Greenville (and South Carolina even) retail are in for a great surprise! :yahoo: Anybody close to the project hearing the same?

Are more "South Carolina firsts" in order for Greenville, gsupstate? :shades:

I don't remember a whole lot myself, but somebody said a while back on either this or the Greenville Mall thread that Michaels was rumored to be opening up at Magnolia. That was a long time ago, and I emailed Michaels a few weeks ago and they said there were no plans to relocate or open any new stores in Greenville. I haven't heard anything more except that one mention.

I've heard so much I can't even remember who was rumored...at least refresh our memories on that.

Here are just a few that have been rumored and what I've heard.

IKEA has been rumored....only rumor, not happening.

Crate & Barrel has been rumored.....only rumor, not happening.

Z Gallerie has been rumored.....my sources point to yes on this.

Apple has been rumored.....my sources point to yes on this.

Anthropologie has been rumored......my sources point to yes on this.

The person I was speaking with this morning named about 14 names. Above are a few. The tenant list should start being released soon.

For you IKEA fans though, no on this one.

Here are just a few that have been rumored and what I've heard.

IKEA has been rumored....only rumor, not happening.

Crate & Barrel has been rumored.....only rumor, not happening.

Z Gallerie has been rumored.....my sources point to yes on this.

Apple has been rumored.....my sources point to yes on this.

Anthropologie has been rumored......my sources point to yes on this.

The person I was speaking with this morning named about 14 names. Above are a few. The tenant list should start being released soon.

For you IKEA fans though, no on this one.

This sounds great, gsupstate! I am not surprised that the IKEA rumor will probably turn out to be false, but I am curious about the "not happening" with regard to Crate & Barrel. Perhaps they are looking at other locations in Greenville instead?

Lets take the old Goodys, Best Buy, and Sams Club, raze, and we can put an IKEA there. Just to put into perspective the sheer size of IKEA, the one in Atlanta is 366,000 sq. ft. Now, if I'm correct, the average WalMart Super Center is approximately 150,000 sq. ft. If IKEA were to come to Greenville, or the nearby surrounding area, it would be known, and the footprint would be insane.

I am just happy that IKEA will finally be putting a store in Charlotte (as it appears) and that Crate & Barrel just opened a store there also. Doesn't seem to me that an Anthropologie store would do very well in this area, but that's just me? Now, I could most definitely see an Urban Outfitters store thriving in this area (thanks to all of the colleges/universities around the Upstate). Urban Outfitters Inc. operates both so maybe it will be an Urban store and not an Anthropologie? I dunno...

gsupstate, any word on:

Borders Books and Music

Brooks Brothers

Restoration Hardware

bebe

Sephora

Urban Outfitters

Lacoste

Armani Exchange

Crabtree & Evelyn

Cheesecake Factory

Ruth's Chris

or

Maggiano's???

or is that wishful thinking??

I know you were asking gsupstate, but in my opinion Greenville can and would support all of these except perhaps Restoration Hardware and Armani Exchange (Armani because it is very high-end and usually found in metros larger than ours, and Restoration Hardware because they supposedly haven't made a profit in 3 years).

We are ready for places like Brooks Brothers, Lacoste, and Urban Outfitters - perhaps not all at Magnolia Park, though. And it seems that restaurants like Cheesecake Factory, Maggiano's, and Ruth's Chris are perfect fits for Magnolia Park Town Center - especially if County offices indeed locate there.

Perhaps gsupstate can enlighten us. :)