CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

I think in the future that I-85 and woodruff road might need a redo from all the traffic this project, verdae, icar, and south financial is going to bring. I wish they would widen I-85 to four lanes on each side through the urbanized area. I dont know if woodruff road will widen, but i suspect in the future this is going to cause some major traffic burdens. I guess we will see what they got in store for the area though. It is a good thing with extra people, and highrises but i hope the traffic can be handled.

I am pretty sure that is what he clearly said, but I just saw the Greenville News article in todays paper and wondering if I misunderstood. The article never mentioned two. I wonder.....

Speaking of two... are the two towers at the old Villagio Verde site still being planned or have they been scrapped?

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a rendering of the proposed office building while at the Southeast Convention today. Folks, it looked freaking bad ass. Saw a revised site plan too, and it is far superior to the most recent version I've seen posted on this thread.

And based on some of the chatter I've heard, this project is gaining a significant amount of momentum on the retail side. For those of you not enamored with seeing Costco or Rooms to Go on the site plan, I'd suggest keeping in mind that this is going to be a retail hybrid mixed use project, so don't just focus on the "power side" of the center. Regal alone, being the top grossing theater in the state, will generate interest from higher end shops tenants and restaurants.

Let's just say I really hope some of the retailer rumors I heard come to fruition...

I saw a rendering of the proposed office building while at the Southeast Convention today. Folks, it looked freaking bad ass. Saw a revised site plan too, and it is far superior to the most recent version I've seen posted on this thread.

And based on some of the chatter I've heard, this project is gaining a significant amount of momentum on the retail side. For those of you not enamored with seeing Costco or Rooms to Go on the site plan, I'd suggest keeping in mind that this is going to be a retail hybrid mixed use project, so don't just focus on the "power side" of the center. Regal alone, being the top grossing theater in the state, will generate interest from higher end shops tenants and restaurants.

Let's just say I really hope some of the retailer rumors I heard come to fruition...

Any Pics???? :whistling:

Any Pics???? :whistling:

I don't have any pics, as I doubt they'll release those until the office deal is completely done, but who knows.

Not sure about the most recent site plan either, but it was certainly being shown to a lot of retailers and brokers at the show. It doesn't appear to be updated on the Shopping Center Group's website though. Besides, it will probably be tweaked a lot in the coming months, depending on the retail lineup, the amount of residential the developers decide on, etc.

I'll certainly post it if I can get a copy.

From the site plan I just posted, the office tower that is most likely going to include Greenville County offices is going to be located next to I-385 and be 9 stories tall along with a parking deck behind Hollywood 20 that is going to be 6 stories tall. This decision was made so the county and magnolia park could get better visual aspects from I-85 and I-385. Demolition of the old mall is to begin sometime around the end of this year to the beginning of 2007.

Edited by skyboy1915

Some other information: There will be 603,308 square feet of retail space, 337,415 square feet of office space, and 180,000 square feet of residential space, which will be 200 units that will be 900 square feet in size each. There will also be 1,000 parking spots in all for the parking garage along with 1,440 surface spots, which adds up to 2,440 total spots. When the hotel gets built it will take away 150 surface spots, which will then make total parking at 2,290 spots. There will be a total of 1,120,723 square feet of office, retail, and residential space combined.

Edited by skyboy1915

So apparently Sports Authority is going to be moved. It's a lot closer to Hollywood right now. Interesting.

I find this promising as it will give them a clean new start in a new store. I'm certain that the store on Laurens Road will probably close once this one (re)opens, too, regardless of what anybody says to the contrary. Zone 3 and Zone 4 are OK. Zone 1 is Costco...can't do much with that. Zone 2 still just kinda bugs me for some reason. It seems anti-climactic to me when compared to the rest.

Fot those of you that do not like the design of the current residential tower planned, I do not see it changing. Spake Real Estate has put up marketing signs for that building all over the Greenville Mall site, and the signs have the same rendering we have seen.

Also, the new site plan shows that there are two residential towers.

Does this mean Sports Authority will not be open during consturction?

I also like how alot of the parking in the center near the small shops has been converted to Green Space.

Edited by btoy

Just a little info on some of you that dont know much about masonry. The hollywood 20 theatre is mostly split face 8 inch block. They are more expensive than 8 inch block plus weigh a lot more. That building has more split face block than any other ive seen. I doubt that you will see a brick veneer or stone on the theatre but if they got the money it can happen. As it stands currently stone is costly about 27 dollars a piece to lay. This is the standard 2ft x1ft x 4" pieces like on poinsett corners. I like the look of the hollywood 20 but i think the paint is getting kind of faded a little bit.

If any of you have ever sat on E. Parkins Mill Rd at Laurens Rd then you might have noticed Embassy Suites over the trees in front of you. Next to it on the horizon is none other than Montgomery Ward at the Greenville Mall. It's a two story building. Imagine the sight it will be with THREE towers of 8 or so stories rising on that site... One day I'll take a picture and add in some buildings for visionary purposes. It will be an awesome sight, no doubt.

Also, since these are just rumors...who were some of the retailers you saw? I'm sure telling us won't make or break any deals :) If they want to come, they will!

I don't want to name any specific retailers or restaurants I've heard tossed around, b/c a friend of a friend is working on the project and I can't risk getting him in hot water.

I'll say this though, if you look at many of the restaurants you typically see in quality lifestyle centers, you'll get a very good idea of who I'm talking about. Many of these restaurants, if they do come, will be opening their first units in the state.

I've also heard about a couple of potential South Carolina firsts in the junior anchor box lineup too. It sounds like the developers have a tremendous vision, and it's obviously a great piece of real estate, it's just never come close to reaching its full potential to date.

Keep your fingers crossed - I know I will!

I don't want to name any specific retailers or restaurants I've heard tossed around, b/c a friend of a friend is working on the project and I can't risk getting him in hot water.

I'll say this though, if you look at many of the restaurants you typically see in quality lifestyle centers, you'll get a very good idea of who I'm talking about. Many of these restaurants, if they do come, will be opening their first units in the state.

I've also heard about a couple of potential South Carolina firsts in the junior anchor box lineup too. It sounds like the developers have a tremendous vision, and it's obviously a great piece of real estate, it's just never come close to reaching its full potential to date.

Keep your fingers crossed - I know I will!

Thanks for the info, 3rdParty. Based on what you have shared, it seems that places like Maggiano's Little Italy and Cheesecake Factory would be quite interested. I would love to have both in Greenville. :thumbsup: