New Titans Stadium (60,000 capacity dome, ground level retail, directly east of Nissan Stadium)

markhollin

22 minutes ago, L. C. Ice said:

Lucas Oil Field started construction 17 years ago.

Thank you! Whatever your point is. What about the retractible roof and cheaper cost, actually it was a third of that at $720 M ($867 M in 2020 dollars) do you not understand? 

Edited by MLBrumby

What hurdles still need to be crossed to get this to finish line? Does it still need to go through metro council for approval? Is there any change this “doesn’t” happen?  Sure seems like there isn’t a lot of support for this based on my Twitter timeline…excited to see renderings!

11 minutes ago, Kv615 said:

What hurdles still need to be crossed to get this to finish line? Does it still need to go through metro council for approval? Is there any change this “doesn’t” happen?  Sure seems like there isn’t a lot of support for this based on my Twitter timeline…excited to see renderings!

People on Twitter (and elsewhere online) generally are negative about everything. It’s a selection effect - people that are happy and satisfied won’t say anything, so you’ll never hear that side. You’ll always hear the grievances.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kv615 said:

My understanding is this needs council approval. The full report on the condition of the stadium and costs of upgrades from Venue Solutions Group will be made available to Metro Council on November 1. 

In 2017, Venue Solutions Group produced a report indicating that it would cost less than $300 million to complete necessary upgrades, while in the updated report, they say it will cost between 1.75 and 1.95 billion dollars. Expect members of the council to have questions about this discrepancy. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nashvillain said:

My understanding is this needs council approval. The full report on the condition of the stadium and costs of upgrades from Venue Solutions Group will be made available to Metro Council on November 1. 

In 2017, Venue Solutions Group produced a report indicating that it would cost less than $300 million to complete necessary upgrades, while in the updated report, they say it will cost between 1.75 and 1.95 billion dollars. Expect members of the council to have questions about this discrepancy. 

That $300MM report excluded labor and fees to GCs and designers. While still a huge discrepancy, I imagine the 2017 number truly to be closer to $500MM. We are also in record inflation, which does add a lot. 

7 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

That $300MM report excluded labor and fees to GCs and designers. While still a huge discrepancy, I imagine the 2017 number truly to be closer to $500MM. We are also in record inflation, which does add a lot. 

Still more than a billion off. I'm not advocating one way or the other, just relaying what I've read from some councilmembers' tweets in reaction to the announcement. 

2 hours ago, FluffyP13 said:

Why would anyone build a non retractable roof? I am flabbergasted by this. Makes no sense in Nashville which has very mild weather - and football is best enjoyed outside IMO. I don't get this at ALL! 

Agree........2 billion for a smaller stadium without a retractable roof-this I don't like....

Expand and renovate what is already there and cover the seats a la Hard Rock Stadium in Miami.........certainly that would cost less.

I would be happy with a larger version of Geodis Park.

Edited by bnacincy
Content
  • Like 3

I'm going to completely guess here and say that the Stadium will have a simplistic, more classically-inspired design to it to mirror Broadway/2nd Ave. Nihill continually emphasized "character" over extravagance and opulence as a direction for the new stadium, so I just have a hunch that we may see some brick and perhaps even some neon like what was featured in this conceptual rendering for Nissan Stadium renovations-

nissan-2*1200xx1422-800-0-163.png

Granted, I want to reiterate that I know that this is just a conceptual rendering for renovations that will never happen, but I really think that this could offer some pretty solid insight into the organization's thinking with the new building as an evergreen entertainment venue that plays off of Nashville's reputation through emulating those smaller music venue touches.

3 hours ago, bnacincy said:

I would be happy with a larger version of Geodis Park.

If they emulate anything from Geodis, I would absolutely love to see them carry over the  steep seating sections that allow the upper deck seats to feel really close to the pitch. Most NFL stadiums outside of maybe Arrowhead stadium feature lower bowls that extend far back, which feels really needless after going to games at Geodis this year. 

• Like 4

Jared Stillman said that he was told that the new stadium would resemble US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis. Stillman didn’t know anything for sure, but he is pretty well connected. Here are a couple pics for your viewing pleasure 

C34543AF-8F9B-4348-BBC4-FCBB1F7BD406.jpeg

9387606B-D006-4140-A77F-0F1842A5DD50.jpeg

Edited by subkyle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is fantastic news. I might be more excited about the potential for activation of the river front area after the current stadium is demolished. The idea of getting some major events like a Final Four mean more to me than even the Super Bowl.

Oh and my prediction (to only myself) is finally coming to fruition: I figured at some point the seat count in stadiums would start to come down for a variety of reasons. Personally there is just something about football where I started to prefer watching at home unlike hockey where I prefer to be in the arena (Preds full STH). Probably something to do with the product itself (perfect for TV, lots of downtime, etc.) coupled with the reduced cost of massive televisions.

Edited by glamdring269
  • Like 3

Unless they have new guild lines from the NFL the stadium is not big enough to host a Super Bowl. Everything I have read is 70k seats, 3 golf courses, 35 k parking spaces around the stadium for use just to name a few.

Soldier Field is 61,500 and if the Titans go to 55K this is an embarrassment for the city and the Titans. I say let em move to hell.

What will a new stadium look like?

The new enclosed stadium would be around 1.7 million square feet with a capacity between 55,000 and 60,000, said Nihill. He clarified that those metrics make it big enough to host a Super Bowl and other major events.

• Like 1