Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The townhome project at 1227 3rd Ave. North and 1228 4th Ave. North is finally getting underway after a 2 year wait.  The eastern section facing 3rd Ave. will feature 18 units, and the western section facing 4th Ave. will feature 6.  No word on the height, and no renderings yet.   An LLC with members of Landmark Realty Services, Tri-Mark Builders, and a silent parter are the developers.  Barge Cauthen and Assoc. will handling engineering/land planning.  They will go before Metro Planning on April 8th to request rezoning from industrial to residential 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21146363/townhomes-project-set-for-germantown-progresses

1227 3rd Ave North, Oct 4, 2019, site 1.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

1227 3rd Ave North, Oct 4, 2019, site map.png

• Like 4

1501 Herman (4 stories, 300 units, internal garage) update: portion of the garage topped out; foundation walls forming elsewhere.

Looking SW from Herman St., 1/2 block east of 16th Ave. North:

1501 Herman, March 5, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking south from Herman St., 1/2 block east of 16th Ave. North:

1501 Herman, March 5, 2021, 2.jpeg

Looking west from intersection of Herman St. and 14th Ave. North:

1501 Herman, March 5, 2021, 3.jpeg

Looking south from intersection of Herman St. and 14th Ave. North:

1501 Herman, March 5, 2021, 4.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^Wish they would sell that portion and allow another skyscraper to go there.

With other buildings going up and a new tallest in the works, I like the Batman Building someone isolated on its own. It would be a shame if it was blocked like Viridian does to L&C Tower. 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 2

To the moderators, is there a string where individual building height is discussed?  I've seen folk discuss 5/3, Pinnacle, Bridgestone, and such.  I was just looking over the downtown area using Google's 3D map and noticed tremendous height disparity between the Skyhouse and Palmer Plaza, yet there's only a 20' listed difference.  I'm now not sure who or what to believe as I'm looking at our building heights.  Please save me from this slow skyscraper lover death.

3 hours ago, nashville born said:

To the moderators, is there a string where individual building height is discussed?  I've seen folk discuss 5/3, Pinnacle, Bridgestone, and such.  I was just looking over the downtown area using Google's 3D map and noticed tremendous height disparity between the Skyhouse and Palmer Plaza, yet there's only a 20' listed difference.  I'm now not sure who or what to believe as I'm looking at our building heights.  Please save me from this slow skyscraper lover death.

If there is I am not recalling it. You are welcome to start on as I am sure I know of a few folks that will be more than able to get the ball rolling here.  Not my bailiwick however as I have enough peas, carrots, and meat on my plate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2021 at 3:37 PM, Jamie Hall said:

From the NBJ: Two Old Hippies in the Gulch (across from the new W Hotel) will close on May 31 after 10 years in business.

Always sad to see a local business close, but I'm optimistic that the storefront might be filled by something like DGX to provide goods and services badly needed in the neighborhood.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/03/01/gulch-staple-closes-after-a-decade-due-to-covid.html

Hello, y'all.  Yep, it's been awhile since I posted.

A neighbor in Terrazzo told me yesterday that Turnip Truck may be leaving as well.  With Whole Foods and Publix less than a mile away, I would not be surprised to hear that TT is leaving.  It is a shame: for many years they have been a wonderful treasure for Gulch residents.  Our family has sweet memories here since my oldest daughter landed her first job out of college at this location.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Amanda said:

Any updates on the Southeastern project at 341 Great Circle Road?? I know they just got their building use permit 

Welcome to the forum, Amanda.  : )

I took photos of the site a few days ago that will be  posted soon.  Basically still doing a lot of prep work with sewer lines, flood abatement, etc.  Nothing has started rising out of the ground yet.  The official name is now Grand Oaks at Great Circle.  Will feature 467 units in 8 buildings ranging from 2 to 5 stories each.   Here's a rendering:

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 12.38.17 PM.png

• Like 3

Oy, Metrocenter is a mystery to me.  So that's one the river... is there another multi-building apartment development across the street from that one? 

NVM: I think I found it on the Dev Map... The Knox!  I think that's the one. 

And while we're on the subject, isn't there a second phase of The Duke?  Anyone tallied up the total number of apartments underway in Metrocenter?  I see only that it's proposed.  And what is the height limit on buildings in Metrocenter?

Edited by MLBrumby

I think you will only see 3 to 5 stories in Metro Center as far as these apartment buildings go. Price point baby. They have to keep the construction cost down to make them affordable. The days of tall buildings in Metro Center are over. I think the tallest is maybe 10 stories and that was done probably 20 plus years ago. I think that is 200 Athens Way.