Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

19 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Does anyone know what sort of investor Rob Lowe is? I know he's very active in CRE (a broker, I believe), but does he have any record of historic properties?  And speaking of, is the Arcade protected by zoning? 

I have met him. Very nice and I am glad he is investing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just curious, lots of streets in any city are named for people, but they're referred to by their last names (e.g. Jefferson, Molloy, Hamilton, Poston, etc.). So at what point do streets named Dr. D.B. Todd and Jo Johnston become just Todd Blvd. and Johnston Av.?  I have no idea who those people are/were but seriously it's a mouthful to say all of that when giving directions or even on a GPS map where the name blocks out other points of interest.  I have a dingbat aunt who even gets confused quite easily; for example she'd likely be looking for Dr. DB Johnston Blvd and Jo Todd Avenue if given literal directions, not that city streets should be named to accommodate dingbats (but maybe they should... LOL). 

• Confused 1

Not to be cynical, but that is what they use to use maps for.  Now people just simply use Waze or whatever GPS device they have to navigate.

I do agree that all of the name changes in the downtown area are getting a little ridiculous. I understand what the goal is, but when giving directions it is a lot easier to say 5th or 8th and Rep. John A Lewis Blvd or Rosa Parks Blvd.

I think that Metro should not be renaming street in the core because of the confusion it causes. People that have lived here will still be calling the streets by the old name causing further confusion to newcomers and visitors. Me for one out of habit. I still call Rosa Parks 8th . They need to continue to have both names up and just use honorary names. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, nightranger36 said:

I think this must be a one person constrution crew. Painfully slow for what it is. LOL

All construction in town is slow. Demand is so high that getting subcontractors is difficult. Weather further complicates things and throws off timetables.  

On 4/5/2021 at 8:37 AM, smeagolsfree said:

The New NES facility. Note the new fencing around the site. It looks so much better than the old chain link fence, but this is still not up the the expectations I had for the project. The streetscaping is a big improvement as well.

20210404_105954.jpg

A structural facade the height of the tallest building on the property would have been nicer.  It's more expensive but they do a much better job hiding an eyesore.  And, they can be designed to look like a building, or to incorporate artwork.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PillowTalk4 said:

A structural facade the height of the tallest building on the property would have been nicer.  It's more expensive but they do a much better job hiding an eyesore.  And, they can be designed to look like a building, or to incorporate artwork.

That was exactly what I was wanting to get built.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, markhollin said:

Legacy will be the name of a new mixed-use development at 4007 Clarksville Pike near the intersection with E. Fairview Drive, across from the Bordeaux Library. The 2 & 3 story structures will include the first full-service healthcare center in the area, some retail slots, a rooftop restaurant, and eventually some apartments.  There may be a Slim & Husky's there in the future as well.  It is being put together by the Elipzo Fund and Bordeaux Community Investment Group. The first of three phases will start soon and be completed by early 2022. 

More at WKRN here:

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/leaders-break-ground-on-first-mixed-use-development-in-bordeaux/

And here:

https://stayhappening.com/e/groundbreaking-of-the-historic-legacy-development-E2ISTJUB4EC

Legacy, Clarksville Hwy, April 8, 2021, render.png

Legacy, 4007 Clarksville Hwy, April 8, 2021, site map.png

I had actually taken this one off the map because I thought it was dead as it was 4 years old.

Original article here. https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20984071/mixeduse-project-eyed-for-bordeaux

• Like 2