Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Sometimes things tend to get overwhelming. 
they ( developers/ investors..etc) need to bring more family friendly venues and non- alcoholic activities/ shows to the area. Not every tourist or locals are here to just get drunk! Some just would like to experience Nashville for its music and other offerings 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

All I can say is Yuck to all of these Celebrity Bars. Nashville’s soul is no longer it’s own. Nashville is no different than Las Vegas, Myrtle Beach or Gatlinburg. It is just the generic crap you can get anywhere. Nothing unique here any longer.

Ron, with respect my man, I have to completely disagree with ya there.  I'm with you on the giant celebrity bars on Broadway as I mentioned previously, but only because in my opinion the smaller more intimate bars where you can get a two dollar beer and watch dream-filled, aspiring singer/songwriters get up and show the world what they've got is more in line with what the spirit of Broadway is (again, just one man's opinion.)  That being said though, I still think Nashville is an authentic working city that has character and soul "out the wazoo," as my grandpa would say, and is filled with more unique local offerings than all three of the tourist trap towns you mentioned put together and then some.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4

The building on a .21 acre site at 901 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. (Charlotte Ave.) immediately next to the TSU Avon Campus has sold for $2.4 million.  7G Realty out of NYC is the new owner.  That lot is zoned for 30 stories., with bonus unlimited height available.  No word on 7G's intentions, but it must be something substantial to pay that much for such a relatively small lot. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21146358/building-near-downtown-tsu-campus-sells-for-24m

901 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Mar 4, 2021, site 1.png

901 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Mar 4, 2021, site 2.png

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

901 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Mar 4, 2021, site map.png

• Like 3

Maybe they plan to transfer the "building rights" to another parcel to build tall somewhere else.  Hasn't the planning commission (or whatever the name of that bureaucracy is) been allowing developers to transfer un-built height from one location to another for bonus height? 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Armacing said:

Maybe they plan to transfer the "building rights" to another parcel to build tall somewhere else.  Hasn't the planning commission (or whatever the name of that bureaucracy is) been allowing developers to transfer un-built height from one location to another for bonus height? 

You beat me to this... and it's likely.  I just don't know if this firm owns other parcles downtown.  BTW: I've been thinking that this policy of 'bonus height' should be applied to historic structures if it hasn't been already. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

You beat me to this... and it's likely.  I just don't know if this firm owns other parcles downtown.  BTW: I've been thinking that this policy of 'bonus height' should be applied to historic structures if it hasn't been already. 

It has been applied to Historic structures. Historic Preservation is one of the bonus height categories. Tony is preserving the Cohen building on Church, and is transferring the development rights for that parcel to 801/900 Church. 

Edited by downtownresident
  • Like 2

More details from the new Downtown Partnership Annual Report:

• There are 9,511 apartments, condominiums and single-family homes downtown.
  • Housing occupancy rates downtown ended the year with a comfortable 93.4% filled rental units, and continued rising home values through 2020.  
  • New residential units increased 12.5% last year. 
  • Two-thirds of downtown household report earning more than $100,000 a year.
  • The two most populous generations of downtown residents are age groups 39 to 54 and 55 to 73.
  • Downtown residents are 58% female. 
  • 38% of residents moved from another state and 18% came from another county.
  • Nine dense housing developments will bring 2,300 new units by the end of next year.
  • There are only 309 specified affordable units, accounting for 4.4% of the rental market. Affordable housing is designed to not exceed 30% of household income. 

More at TheTennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2021/03/05/downtown-nashville-development-cant-stop-wont-stop-report-says/4580022001/
  • Like 3