Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

8 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Welcome to forum.

There is a topic dedicated to this development. 

Welcome to the forum Kv615!

It is always slow going when you are renovating an older structure. Here is the link to the Neuhoff thread.

NEUHOFF PLANT DEVELOPMENT, 13-15 stories, 6-7 stories, 650,000 sq. ft. office, 175,000 sq. ft. retail, 550 apts, 50 hotel rooms, 2,000 car internal garage, $500+ million - Nashville - UrbanPlanet.org

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

The Grainger building on Charlotte, across from Capitol View has been sold to a Chicago-based investment group, GEM Realty Capital, which develops land. Price was nearly $5.4M.  The site is deceptively large at 2.2 acres. 

North Gulch warehouse site sells for $5.1M | Nashville Post

The parking lot to the apartments on 11th (next to this lot) would also be prime space…but I’m guessing the apartments till keep it as parking.

3 hours ago, subkyle said:

I saw them testing the ground about a year ago. Hope they do something cool with the property considering the size. These apartments will have the greenway right next to it. Great free amenity for people 

The greenway is great however there's quite a few homeless people living between the greenway and the traintracks and it's full of trash, I can't tell you how many times it's been accidently set on fire.  The constant road & intersection closures of 11th & Charlotte has been super fun too.  

10 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

The Grainger building on Charlotte, across from Capitol View has been sold to a Chicago-based investment group, GEM Realty Capital, which develops land. Price was nearly $5.4M.  The site is deceptively large at 2.2 acres. 

North Gulch warehouse site sells for $5.1M | Nashville Post

WOW!

4 hours ago, ArchitectBarbie said:

The greenway is great however there's quite a few homeless people living between the greenway and the traintracks and it's full of trash, I can't tell you how many times it's been accidently set on fire.  The constant road & intersection closures of 11th & Charlotte has been super fun too.  

I will not jog past that area, especially after dark. And, additionally, all the dog owners use that area of the greenway as a, errrr....sandbox. Even with TWO dog parks within one block

24 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

I will not jog past that area, especially after dark. And, additionally, all the dog owners use that area of the greenway as a, errrr....sandbox. Even with TWO dog parks within one block

Sadly, way too many dog “parents” around here are seemingly reluctant to take responsibility for the droppings of their fur babies! Many don’t pick up on the greenways, and some have the audacity to pick up then toss the bag off into the bushes. It’s so infuriating that I mostly avoid the greenways these days. I’ve found less poopy places to take my walks (and I’m not sharing my secret).

I love dogs. Dog owners, however,  often get less favorable write ups from this reviewer.

• Like 4

From the NBJ: Two Old Hippies in the Gulch (across from the new W Hotel) will close on May 31 after 10 years in business.

Always sad to see a local business close, but I'm optimistic that the storefront might be filled by something like DGX to provide goods and services badly needed in the neighborhood.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/03/01/gulch-staple-closes-after-a-decade-due-to-covid.html

Edited by Jamie Hall
  • Sad 3

Union Brick (5 & 7 stories, 389 units, 4,000 sq. ft. ground level retail, internal garage) developer, Chartwell Residential, has finalized the purchase of the final two small tracts in the total 4.65 acre site at the NW corner of the intersection of 12th Ave. North and the CSX tracks, north of Marathon Village.  A total of $17 million has been paid out for all the land. The $90 million project should be underway by July, and completed by first quarter of 2023.  A general contractor hasn't been chosen yet.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/03/03/chartwell-residential-buys-land-near-marathon.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=1

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21146330/marathon-village-sites-sell-for-17m

• Like 2