Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

20 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Question:  Where do people living in downtown, the gulch and Sobro do their grocery shopping?  I know there's a Whole Foods now.  Are there plans for smaller neighborhood sized markets planned for the downtown and eastern portions of mid-town?

I think there’s a new Publix in Capitol View.  Seems like a DGX is going in somewhere downtown (they already have one near Vandy on West End, I think.)

16 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

An awful lot of space dedicated to parking. Pity they couldn't do a central garage of some sort.

Right, I mean I realize this is Metrocenter, but you'd think that at the very least, a project with the phrase "Riverwalk" in it's name would actually address and incorporate the riverwalk in some tangible way rather than line it with a parking lot.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

New renderings, diagram, and additional info on Alta Riverwalk (4 stories, 305 units) in MetroCenter at NashvilleNowNext:

https://nashvillenownext.com/2021/04/05/new-renderings-construction-progress-at-alta-riverwalk-in-nashvilles-metrocenter/

Alta Riverwalk, April 5, 2021, render 1.png

My first reaction is the levee in the renderings seems lower than it is compared to the current site.    Possibly the developer plans to back fill the site to raise the overall site level, although that seems like a massive undertaking.   As I recall, the former warehouse for Metro Medical Supply came very close to flooding in 2010. 

Having spent a lot of time on that levee path, I think the river height depicted in that render would be big trouble lol. However, if that is the site I am thinking of, they have been doing a great deal of work leveling the site, so they might indeed have raised it a bit.

Hilltop Estates will be made up of 112 townhomes and 17 single family homes on 14. 5 acres at 1105-1107 West Trinity Lane by D+M Development. An August start is planned , with completions et for 2024.  No renderings yet.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/04/05/d-m-development-plans-trinity-lane-homes.html

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 2.10.51 PM.png

• Like 4

17 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Does anyone know what sort of investor Rob Lowe is? I know he's very active in CRE (a broker, I believe), but does he have any record of historic properties?  And speaking of, is the Arcade protected by zoning? 

The Arcade is part of the Fifth Avenue Historic District, which is a National Register District, so I believe it is protected by zoning.

• Like 4