Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

21 hours ago, Armacing said:

I sense from your comments that you fail to understand that technological advancement is a fundamental, evolutionarily-inherited trait of humans.  It's what we do.

What you sense (i.e. assume) and what you know (which is nothing about me) are two different things.  What you sense couldn't be further from the truth of my reality and existence.   Done.

• Like 1

Ascent Apartments will be 336 units on 16.6 acres at 2947 Brick Church Pike being developed by Pedcor Companies, which just paid $3 million for the site. No timeline or renderings yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21144193/indiana-developer-pays-3m-for-north-davidson-site

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 3.03.46 PM.png

On 10/28/2020 at 3:48 PM, nashvylle said:

RE drones - Reminds me of self-driving cars. A few years ago everyone was saying by 2020 self-driving cars would either be here in full stock or close to it. Now people are realizing there is a lot that goes into the technology.  

Saying that "there is a lot that goes into the technology" does not provide cover for the statement "I don't want to see the skies filled with buzzing drones".  Pillowtalk was explaining why Target needs to build new stores and his reasons for this were because he thinks drones are a long way off, he doesn't like drone smog, and he does like low-skilled jobs.  My response was to say  that drone-filled skies would be a massive leap forward in logistical efficiency, and progress waits for no one.  I don't think it would be smart for Target to build more physical retail - it's a bad investment, especially in the middle of a city where fast delivery would be so feasible to deploy given the short distances.

Retail stores are big fixed assets that have proven to be  major liabilities during times of rapidly changing market dynamics.  Hopefully Target knows this and they have made a conscious decision to stop building new stores and upgrade their delivery offering.  IKEA did this - if you remember.  That's why they cancelled the Nashville store... they looked at the trends and saw the end of physical retail on the horizon.

• Haha 1

The 808 at Skyline Ridge (seven 3 story buildings with 178 units of  affordable housing) located just north of TriStar Skyline Hospital, has been granted $29.1 million in permits with Xpert Design and Construction handling the job.  No renderings available yet.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21144223/permit-patrol-2-november-2020

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.27.44 AM.png

• Like 2

The .16 acre surface lot at 405 Broadway (just west of Merchants Restaurant) has sold for $9.4 million (about $1,350 per sq. ft.) to Big Plan Holdings, which is pondering a 30,000 sq. ft. structure on the site. The lot is L-shaped with a portion facing 4th Ave. South as well.  No renderings yet.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21144220/lower-broadway-parking-lot-sells-for-94m

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/11/02/405-broadway.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the portion of the site that faces Broadway highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.48.19 AM.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Water Treatment plant that borders Germantown and Salemtown is going through a $400 million upgrade, with a scheduled finish of Nov. 2023.  The main offices at 1700 3rd Ave. North will be rehoused in a couple of large 4 story structures.  The plant will be rebranded as  the Central Water Reclamation Facility. 

Water Treatment Plant, Oct 6, 2020, render 4.png

Water Treatment Plant, Oct 6, 2020, diagram.png

image.png.f1b4f529a45cc537fbd64afac8afd571.png

Quite an improvement over the current state of these properties.    Let's hope Metro finds the funding to make this happen.    It would be nice to see that greenway segment eventually extend north along 3rd and into Metrocenter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

The .16 acre surface lot at 405 Broadway (just west of Merchants Restaurant) has sold for $9.4 million (about $1,350 per sq. ft.) to Big Plan Holdings, which is pondering a 30,000 sq. ft. structure on the site. The lot is L-shaped with a portion facing 4th Ave. South as well.  No renderings yet.

Are we talking about that tiny sliver of land that you drive up into if you're going to eat at Merchants?  

MERCHANTS.jpg

• Like 4