Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

The men behind Slim & Husky's Pizza Beeria (Clint Gray, Errck Moore, and E.J. Reed) have 3 more projects underway in North Nashville:

1) NKA "Inka" Gallery covering 1,600 sq. ft. at 915 Buchanan St. will be an art, fashion, music, and culinary spot next to the original Slim & Husky's.  It will also feature 1,800 sq. ft. of exterior patio space.

2) Pizza Park will be an outdoor eatery next to TheRollout at 1004 Buchanan featuring community space and seating fro live music.

3) E, G & Mc will be a premier cocktail bar/restaurant  in the former Garden Brunch Cafe building on Buchanan.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/11/04/slim-huskys-gray-reed-moore-north-nashville.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

I'm not sure the Buchanan Street area will ever get back to how it was in its heyday, but it is amazing to see that corridor finally start to be revived.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2020 at 8:59 AM, markhollin said:

The Water Treatment plant that borders Germantown and Salemtown is going through a $400 million upgrade, with a scheduled finish of Nov. 2023.  The main offices at 1700 3rd Ave. North will be rehoused in a couple of large 4 story structures.  The plant will be rebranded as  the Central Water Reclamation Facility. 

Everything looks amazing. Does the article mention how this is being paid for? $400MM is a very large investment... 

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I figure these were bonds and this has been in the works for years. Even before there was any talk of budget issues. Besides water and sewer come from a different pot of money I think.

The bonds for Water/Sewer came up during the referendum trial. I believe the bonds for those are pledged against future Water/Sewer revenue, and not property tax revenues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, downtownresident said:

The bonds for Water/Sewer came up during the referendum trial. I believe the bonds for those are pledged against future Water/Sewer revenue, and not property tax revenues. 

Thanks. Even if not paid via property taxes, $400MM in bonds will still have to be repaid somehow... perhaps increased water/sewer rates. I wish metro just auctioned off the land to private developers and said their needed to be public park space as part of the development. 

2 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Thanks. Even if not paid via property taxes, $400MM in bonds will still have to be repaid somehow... perhaps increased water/sewer rates. I wish metro just auctioned off the land to private developers and said their needed to be public park space as part of the development. 

Water Sewer facilities have to go somewhere and it would have been a lot more expensive to auction that property off and move the facility somewhere else. The Water Sewer facility is huge especially when compared to the River North project. 

The second image is the Newtown Creek station in Brooklyn. It is massive, but again they have to go somewhere. It sits a mile and a quarter E of FDR drive from Manhattan.

water sewer.png

newtown_creek_e200411_gh.jpg

• Thanks 1