Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 7/30/2019 at 11:08 AM, smeagolsfree said:

I have said it before and I will say it again. Downtown is the engine that drives middle TN and Nashville in particular. If you have a strong core and it is growing then it benefits the entire area. If it is in decay and not doing well the entire area suffers. The suburban areas around Nashville owe their growth in large part to what has been happening in downtown over the last 20 years. If we had stayed stagnant and left what was down there, we would not have the job growth we have today which is I think the strongest in country right now. We need to invest more in downtown and midtown as far as infrastructure, parks, services, etc., as more and more people will be living in this are in the coming years. It cant be ignored.

The river front needs to have a flood wall to protect that investment and a very nice park can be built as a result of said floodwall. Lots of free space to do this.

Yep, the mudsill better learn to be subservient to the smoothie drinker, craft beer crowd. They better shut up and swear allegiance and give everything they own to the dog parkers in the "coooooooorrrrrrrreeee" as well as expect nothing in return for their tax dollars.

Edited by Ingram
  • Confused 2

On 7/30/2019 at 11:08 AM, smeagolsfree said:

My word to a lot of the old timers that do not want change is that you either mover or embrace it.

I think the same thing when people caterwaul and moan about old buildings being removed. If they don't like an old building brought down that no one cares to even look at, then they should leave.

Edited by Ingram
  • Confused 1

Jim Caden has sold off part of the Tennessean property at 1100 McGavock St. to 1100 M LLC, which has the same address as M Street Entertainment Group.  The latter operates Virago, Moto, Tavern, Whiskey Kitchen, Kayne Prime and Saint Anjeo, each located in The Gulch on McGavock Street (thus, the "M Street" designation). M Street also has plans for the 10 story Eleventh House Hotel across 11th Ave. to the east from this site. The purchase price was $11.5 million.  No word yet as to M Street's plans.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21080597/gulch-sites-sell-for-115m

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 2.59.49 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map show the site as the F-shaped building in gray at the center of the frame at the NW corner of 11th Ave. North and McGavock St:

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 2.59.10 PM.png

• Like 4

At one point, weren't they planning on building a 4 or 5 story office building on the parking lot by the tracks (the 11th House lot)?  Seems like it was going to house M Street's offices and also be the new location of Whiskey Kitchen at street level.  They should go back to that plan and then build the hotel on this newly acquired lot, as @FluffyP13 has heard.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ingram said:

I think the same thing when people caterwaul and moan about old buildings being removed. If they don't like an old building brought down that no one cares to even look at, then they should leave.

... and something something craft beer drinkers too... amirite?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ingram said:

Yep, the mudsill better learn to be subservient to the smoothie drinker, craft beer crowd. They better shut up and swear allegiance and give everything they own to the dog parkers in the "coooooooorrrrrrrreeee" as well as expect nothing in return for their tax dollars.

You gotdamn right, boy.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Ingram said:

What?

• Like 3

Holiday Inn Select, Metro Center (6 stories, 110 rooms) update. Brick work and cladding nearly complete.

Looking SE from intersection of 3rd Ave. North and Clay St:

Holiday Inn Select, Metro Center, July 20, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking east from Clay St, 1/2 block west of 3rd Ave. North:

Holiday Inn Select, Metro Center, July 20, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking NW from 3rd Ave. North where it crosses over I-65:

Holiday Inn Select, Metro Center, July 20, 2019, 3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2019 at 7:24 AM, chris holman said:

20190728_211724.jpg

I'm a big fan of everything about this hotel so far ... except the Records Storage sign. I appreciate them trying to retain some of the building's history, but keeping that sign there just seems weirdly out of place. (And the OCD part of me is in pain because the sign doesn't align with the doorway.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Everyone needs to look at the Post home Page right now!!!!!

Is it just me or does that rendering make it look much taller than 36 floors? 

What are the odds this actually happens? It says in the article he failed to get a Hyatt Regency off the ground. 

Hermitage Lighting at 531 Lafayette St. in Pie Town (or I like to call SoLa) will get an exterior upgrade, costing $60,000. The project consists of re-cladding the existing building and adding new lighting, signage, upgrading entries and an accessible ramp.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/21081096/hermitage-lighting-building-lands-update

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 11.04.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 11.05.26 AM.png

• Like 4