Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

53 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The Blue Parrot has landed a$3.5 million loan from Tennessee Bank and Trust to build a 3 story restaurant/bar on the sliver 1/10 acre site at 300 4th Ave. South.  Bendure Harder Architecture will handle design.  No start date announced yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21075325/loan-set-for-bar-project-in-sobro

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 2.09.47 PM.png

I really wonder how well this will do. The hotels and Encore residents will pitch fits over the noise if it goes late into the night. There are no real views, beside the backsides of the Bridgestone Bldg., Omni, and Hyatt Place. Maybe if they offer an inexpensive lunch. 

Coverage on the water main break at 1st Ave. south and Demonbruen.  Metro Water Services reported it was making repairs to a 12'' water main that had broken. The land along that stretch of Demonbreun Street is under construction, which may have contributed to the break. No official cause has been released. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/06/27/water-main-break-sinkhole-downtown-nashville-demonbreun-1st-ave-south-closure-repairs-traffic/1587373001/

Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 7.35.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 4.34.34 PM.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Officially hung it up yesterday after 50 years.....RE-Tired.  I took a last walk around the office and took some updates of the projects going up all around ESa.  3 weeks has made some real progress on some of these sites.    Oh yes, the Notre Dame competition was NOT canceled after all, so I submitted my entry this morning.    It would be amazing to win it!

Ron..... is the upcoming Luna  meeting on next weekend at the same restaurant?

Congrats and good luck on the retirement and the entry.

Yes we are still going to meet at Luna Llena, however they now charge for parking there, so my recomendation is parking at state lot 14 at the corner of 4th and Harrison. As far as I know the state lots are free on the weekends, and someone needs to correct me if I am wrong about that. Three hours in the Luna Llena lot is around 10 dollars. Metered parking on the street is 2 dollars an hour with a two hour limit as Metro continues to run their parking service poorly and inefficiently.

There is some free parking on the street on 3rd, but the construction workers usually grab those up early.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abick16 said:

Hey Ron - what time is it at Luna?  I would like to join again if possible?  10am? Thanks - Adam

Correct, 10 am. And, as Ron stated, I normally park at 4th & Harrison in either the state surface lot (by the railroad) or the state parking garage. Both are free on the weekends unless there is a special event 

• Like 1

For those that may be confused about the context of this, here is the main excerpt of the story:

The parking lot contains about 300 spaces that Hayes has leased to Asurion, the main tenant in his neighboring 150,000 square feet of office buildings. Per his leases with tenants, Hayes has the ability to relocate where they park — and he would move them into the parking garage for the 252-room Hyatt Centric hotel, which is scheduled to open by June 2021.

I guess the only thing that seems silly is that this only "frees up" the parking lot like 6 months before the new Asurion HQ opens anyway right? This story sounds more like an early pre-lease advertisement. 

This is a non news, news story used as a filler right now. Michael said it was going to be a while before he builds on this lot when he spoke to WW.

Remember he has to get the Hyatt finished and Asurion will also be leaving the current location, so that will open up all of that parking unless he gets another tenant for the current Asurion location.

Agreed this is a prime lot and would be a perfect location for a single tenant HQ building or actually two buildings as that lot is large enough to accomadate two large Bridgestone type buildings.

I would hate to ever second guess Michael on what he has planned there and I would be willing to bet he has entertained some very nice offers.

If Four seasons can get 40 stories one block closer to the river I see no reason to think Michael could not get at least 10 maybe 20 more there but that would be several years off in a best cast situation. My guess minimum of five years. The economy can change that to a lot more or even less depending on how hot Nashville continues to be.

Right now we have a number of proposed office buildings that need to start and some under construction that need to be filled.

I think that is why we have not seen the start os the office buildings at One City. Just too much competition right now with a lot of deep pockets coming to town.

Yes I am erring on the side of caution because I have seen this before and know how things work.

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

This is a non news, news story used as a filler right now. Michael said it was going to be a while before he builds on this lot when he spoke to WW.

Actually...it's a really big news story as far as I'm concerned because it's the first I've heard of him finally stating he's formulating a plan for that land.  I'm under no illusion that something's imminent...but very excited that someone finally has mentioned developing it.  Maybe there's been talk before...but it's the first I've heard of it.

• Like 1

I guess for us that are in the know, there is nothing new here and nothing solid to report. Its like the NBJ wanted to get you attention saying there is a skyscraper imminent at that location and that is simply not true. We all know something will get built there,but the NBJ headline as usual was very misleading.

Not really knocking the NBJ, but its one of thier filler stoies they do that has very litle information. When you dont have anything to publish you just write some articles you think will get read, especially going into a holiday. Sort of like the now and then articles they do. Ninty nine percent of the time  there is no new info there.

I use to see it a lot in the TN, but now they are just two weeks late reporting news hoping people thinking its news.

Everyone does this.

This kinda stuff only works in the movies.  

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2019/07/05/nudies-downtown-sporting-club-ernest-tubb-man-dead-police-fall-jump-rooftop-chase/1658135001/

A man who fell from a Lower Broadway rooftop on the Fourth of July has died, Metro Nashville Police report. 

The man has not been identified. 

Police say he fell from the roof near 409 Broadway around 5 p.m. Thursday while attempting to jump from one roof to another. 

It was not immediately clear which rooftop the man was on when he fell. In that stretch of the road are Nudie's Honky Tonk, the Downtown Sporting Club and the Ernest Tubb Record Shop. 

• Sad 1