Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

There will be a tower crane at the project next to Yazoo. It will go up in about two weeks.

Great. I was surprised at how deep they went here given the relatively small lot size.

Wonder if anyone tracks the volume of rock being excavated from inside the downtown loop. I'd like to see that stat. Where does it all go? I keep expecting to see a new mountain rising on the horizon any day.

^^^

What he said.

I think this is smart on the Jimmy John's franchise guys. The 5th & Church location is perfectly located to hit all of the major office buildings. The location in Encore is sandwiched between the future SoBro and the future Bridgestone...blocks from the MCC and Omni, and there will be a number of other hotels and apartments going up in the vicinity.

• Like 1

^^^

What he said.

I think this is smart on the Jimmy John's franchise guys. The 5th & Church location is perfectly located to hit all of the major office buildings. The location in Encore is sandwiched between the future SoBro and the future Bridgestone...blocks from the MCC and Omni, and there will be a number of other hotels and apartments going up in the vicinity.

I see what you did there, Kevin.

• Like 2

Great. I was surprised at how deep they went here given the relatively small lot size.

Wonder if anyone tracks the volume of rock being excavated from inside the downtown loop. I'd like to see that stat. Where does it all go? I keep expecting to see a new mountain rising on the horizon any day.

Go check out Stacks on Main (the lot next to 5th & Main in East Nashville). As Paramount747 has noted, we have a veritable mountain going up on that site.

Go check out Stacks on Main (the lot next to 5th & Main in East Nashville). As Paramount747 has noted, we have a veritable mountain going up on that site.

Yes, I drove by there this morning.     It's odd looking, to say the least.    I assume some engineer has gotten comfortable with putting a 5-story building on a platform of loose rock.    

Well, considering they have roughly 1,000 employees looking for a new home and this site, given its slightly oblong shape, is roughly equivalent to that of the Bridgestone HQ site...

Assuming they go with this site and are the sole tenants of the building, I don't think 15 stories is unreasonable. Would be a very nice addition to the skyline and would expand the footprint of SoBro by a sizable margin.

• Like 2

The choice of that location for Lifeway surprises me, but I'm glad they want to stay downtown.    That would shift 1000 employees from the west to the east side of downtown.   

btw, NBJ reports Lifeway and MDHA are still negotiating for the thermal site, haven't signed the deal yet.   

• Like 1

I can't believe how fast this Lifeway Campus development has gone from what seemed like just third-person hearsay to 'holy crap they're going to demolish some buildings and already have a new site locked down!'

When people make decisions quickly things can move.

That little grass triangle is not a very large footprint at all. They're doing sidewalk and utility improvements to the area right now. Traffic is an uber nightmare at this location already. Wow.

Which makes it a great utilization of space in my book. That is a dense program for that triangle shaped site.

Nashville has a great opportunity to line the new riverfront park with world class architecture. Addressing the park from top to bottom, particularly the street level along 1st avenue will make for an engaging place to stroll while taking in the view of the river. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Assuming they go with this site and are the sole tenants of the building, I don't think 15 stories is unreasonable. Would be a very nice addition to the skyline and would expand the footprint of SoBro by a sizable margin.

And what a great opportunity to include a rooftop plaza for viewing fireworks, amphitheater, symphony, etc.     Best seat in the house.    

• Like 4