Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Back on topic - Green Fleet Bicycle Shop, which has been located off music row I believe, is moving to 10th and Jefferson in the old Crossman Mufflers building in HBV. Sourced from their instagram page.

Awesome!

Back on topic - Green Fleet Bicycle Shop, which has been located off music row I believe, is moving to 10th and Jefferson in the old Crossman Mufflers building in HBV. Sourced from their instagram page.

The owners of 1202 16th Ave S pulled a demolition permit on May 5th.  This is one of the lots in question for apartment development that was the impetus for the "moratorium" placed on Music Row.  I don't know if they are just getting rid of the property to make redevelopment easier or if they have new plans for that lot.

My city-bus slides by there on my way to and from work, and I noticed a full-size excavator with attached demolition-jaws, already sitting on the knoll immediately behind the bike shop, up from the alley.  I see that the little hipped-roof garage housing the bike shop is part of the property on the corner (1200-1202 16th Ave.S.) so apparently it goes with it.  Too bad that real nice foundation rock stone and the fancy "Lawyers" rock sign will be destroyed.  Salvage rarely is a recoverable cost with such stock, but the cost alone of building that sign (less than 10 years old) probably amounted close to $10K.

Nash_1202_16th_Ave_S_zpsttrfwqd6.jpg

-==-

Edited by rookzie

Swerdling is back. Hard Rock + Residential on 1.16 acres facing KVB between 1st & Second Ave.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/05/exclusive-familiar-denver-hotel-developer-working.html

Ahhhh…a bidding war for this prime piece of property.  This should be good.  : )

The article says "The project will include a four-diamond-quality hotel...a residential component and retail."  And, "the primary address is 133 Korean Veterans Blvd. (southwest corner of 1st and KVB), and the purchase includes the two pieces of land immediately behind  the paved parking lot today."    Could be monumental.  : )

• Like 1

It'll be so good to get that vacant spot filled! One of the most prominent expanses of emptiness in all of SoBro.

Before long, the CBD is going to have some work to do to catch with the density coming up a few blocks south!

• Like 1

Wow.      I've always thought that would be a great location for...something.   Such great views of downtown, the river, KVB bridge and now the amphitheater park.  

Jim & Nick's seem to be having issues getting up and running in the former Sole Mio space next door.    They'd better hurry before their million dollar view disappears behind Hard Rock!   

• Like 1

So is this the plot of land across from the thermal plant on the corner of KVB and 1st? Also, any idea what's going on with the large parking lot that fronts KVB in between 2nd and 3rd? It's across from the one story brick convenience store/souvenir shop. Seems like a very large piece of land for something to eventually go there.

I was told that LifeWay is building a new HQ (est. 9-11 stories) on the opposite side of 1st from the proposed Hard Rock Hotel... interesting mix... it may be the river side of Crockett Street.

I was told that LifeWay is building a new HQ (est. 9-11 stories) on the opposite side of 1st from the proposed Hard Rock Hotel... interesting mix... it may be the river side of Crockett Street.

Where? I looked up Crockett St. on Google Earth and it took me to East Nashville.

Crockett is next to the Constellation Natural Gas facility (old thermal plant). I am unsure of the exact location because he said next to the river... fronting KVB.

Crazy, I do not even consider that a street, but mor of access to a parking lot. A street in name only that no one uses. If I had not seen it on the map, then I would have not known it was there.

I actually thought it was on the other side of the energy plant.

• Like 1

The LifeWay executive considered it a 'done deal'. The demo of the Lifeway Tower should start before the end of summer. Big plans for office space, condos, retail, entertainment (movie theater) and the likelihood that they will reactivate the rail line next to their property to transport people throughout South/Middle/north Gulch areas... evidently the line is no longer used for freight.

Edited by Guest

The LifeWay executive considered it a 'done deal'. The demo of the Lifeway Tower should start before the end of summer. Big plans for office space, condos, retail, entertainment (movie thereat) and the likelihood that they will reactivate the rail line next to their property to transport people throughout South/Middle/north Gulch areas... evidently the line is no longer used for freight.

When you say "demo"...do you mean remodel...or are they talking about taking down that entire tower?

Also...what will they do in the meantime while their new building is being built?

Edited by titanhog

The LifeWay executive considered it a 'done deal'. The demo of the Lifeway Tower should start before the end of summer. Big plans for office space, condos, retail, entertainment (movie thereat) and the likelihood that they will reactivate the rail line next to their property to transport people throughout South/Middle/north Gulch areas... evidently the line is no longer used for freight.

Wow...that's huge news.  Interesting tidbit about the rail line too. 

• Like 2

He said Demo. I tried to probe to see if he meant remodel but he was certain. The existing LifeWay employees will relocate to another part of the property while their new building is being built. I gave him every opportunity to say 'maybe' or qualify the schedule with 'if they find financing' but he would have none of it. He said the LA developers have deep pockets and that they are planing on bringing 50% cash equity (over 200 million) to the table. He said that LifeWay would be paying for their new HQ without any debt financing. 

He said the developers were very excited about the rail connectivity.... a great way to bring customers and recruit residents and businesses to their new development.

To clarify... this is from a long-time LifeWay Executive whom I have known for several years. The information he relayed to me is 100% as he understands the situation... he is not big enough to be signing the deal paperwork but he has lunch with those guys daily.

When you say "demo"...do you mean remodel...or are they talking about taking down that entire tower?

Also...what will they do in the meantime while their new building is being built?

Edited by Guest

He said Demo. I tried to probe to see if he meant remodel but he was certain. The existing LifeWay employees will relocate to another part of the property while their new building is being built. I gave him every opportunity to say 'maybe' or qualify the schedule with 'if they find financing' but he would have none of it. He said the LA developers have deep pockets and that they are planing on bringing 50% cash equity (over 200 million) to the table. He said that LifeWay would be paying for their new HQ without any debt financing. 

He said the developers were very excited about the rail connectivity.... a great way to bring customers and recruit residents and businesses to their new development.

To clarify... this is from a long-time LifeWay Executive whom I have known for several years. The information he relayed to me is 100% as he understands the situation... he is not big enough to be signing the deal paperwork but he has lunch with those guys daily.

Wow!  Huge news.