Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

You hit a nerve ─ a funny bone, that is.  Yeah, the "environmental" pronunciation of the old natives (and their progeny).  I've never seen it attempted spelled as it's said.  Typically the first syllable gets secondary stress to the 2nd-syllable primary.  Although I've always chosen not to say can say "buck-anan", since I would get "whupped" by one or both parents back in the '50s for saying it that way, I came to deal with it as the norm, since I spent my first years in that area (1951-1960).  So then I guess that it "validates" my taking exception to it as well.  From a young age I always hated to have to interpret it to those not from town (or even those not from that part of town), because it would embarrass me to become embarrassed for those who uttered it that way and for the confused, who would respond with, "Say what?"

I particularly cringe upon hearing natives commonly pronounce "Bordeaux" as "Bäh-h-h - doe", with extended stress on the first syllable.  But again I was partially raised in part of northtown, so I'm quite used to it.  I guess to each his own, though.  Louisville, OH, a 'burb on the NE side of Canton (US-62) is pronounced officially by all the townspeople as "Lewis - ville", not "Looey - v'l", so it's pronounced phonetically, as it is spelled.  (you'll get run out of town, if you call it wrong, I found out).

Unfortunately, another one, "Buena Vista" tends to be over-anglicized by the northtown natives as "Bew-nuh Vista".  They'd have a rather hard time in Buena Vista, Amador Co., Ca. (you think?)

-==-

Yeah, that drives me nuts. I may be a native, but I refuse to pronounce that any other way than "BWAY-NUH Vista." Another one is Maury County. How they get "Murray" out of it, I have no idea. I call it "Mor-ee." At least in the case of Santa Fe, the reason why it is pronounced wrong by locals (Santa Fee instead of Santa Fay) is supposedly because they weren't sure (when it was named) how they pronounced it in New Mexico.

• Like 1

Yeah, that drives me nuts. I may be a native, but I refuse to pronounce that any other way than "BWAY-NUH Vista." Another one is Maury County. How they get "Murray" out of it, I have no idea. I call it "Mor-ee." At least in the case of Santa Fe, the reason why it is pronounced wrong by locals (Santa Fee instead of Santa Fay) is supposedly because they weren't sure (when it was named) how they pronounced it in New Mexico.

Maybe it's not "Mau-ree" to disassociate from the fact that half the county's population has probably been on Maury Povich at some time or another?

I'm kidding. Mostly.

• Like 2

As most of you likely know, this is a conceptual rendering. We will hopefully get a more detailed image eventually. The architect (Memphis-based Bounds and Gillespie) designed the Homewood Suites by Hilton located on West End Avenue across from Carmichael Towers on the VU campus. That is a very nice hotel building.

WW

• Like 1

As most of you likely know, this is a conceptual rendering. We will hopefully get a more detailed image eventually. The architect (Memphis-based Bounds and Gillespie) designed the Homewood Suites by Hilton located on West End Avenue across from Carmichael Towers on the VU campus. That is a very nice hotel building.

WW

Have some friends that work there (one that I typically talk to once or twice a week)...I'll see what I can find out. 

• Like 2

I hope the first floor is less squatty in the final rendition.

Our hotel demand is off the charts. We need to build thousands, not hundreds of rooms.

Edited by Guest

Yes, it was announced sometime ago. This is Grove Park builders I think and out of Brentwood.

The 3rd & Monroe project that is.

Hopefully this will be of higher quality than the homes Grove Park builds in Brentwood and Franklin. An especially sub-par builder in my opinion, unless raw square footage is your only metric.

John it is evident that this is not your favorite hotel design/flag. However, the development is located off of KVB and thus reason to believe that an even more prominent/prestigious development will be forthcoming in the near future. I also agree with WW that, for a Holiday Inn, it seems to be an upgrade from their normal offerings.

John it is evident that this is not your favorite hotel design/flag. However, the development is located off of KVB and thus reason to believe that an even more prominent/prestigious development will be forthcoming in the near future. I also agree with WW that, for a Holiday Inn, it seems to be an upgrade from their normal offerings.

I want more 3-4 diamond properties in Sobro, not 1-2 diamond properties. This may be full service, but not what we should expect from such a prime piece of real estate.

Edited by Paramount747
  • Like 1

My brother, This is another step back for Nashville. First we get the hideous Hyatt Place, then the generic suburban Hilton Garden Inn, now this. I am sick of Nashville just settling for garbage! How many Holiday Inn's do you see going up in Buckhead? ZERO!!!!!

When is Nashville going to finally graduate to some nice world class properties?

There is a Holiday Inn Express in Buckhead.  This is a step above that.