Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I know I've said it a bunch of times, but man I really hate that ugly communications building (or whatever it is) on 2nd Ave. I wish that thing would just go away lol.

It's the central comms office for AT&T (and colocators) for the Nashville area. Has lots of boring yet very expensive and slightly hazardous equipment inside. While I agree it's not ideally placed for downtown development it does allow for most everyone in the high-rises nearby to view pictures of cats on the Internet, among other important business tasks.

If it makes you feel better the transmitter towers are gone.

It's the central comms office for AT&T (and colocators) for the Nashville area. Has lots of boring yet very expensive and slightly hazardous equipment inside. While I agree it's not ideally placed for downtown development it does allow for most everyone in the high-rises nearby to view pictures of cats on the Internet, among other important business tasks.

If it makes you feel better the transmitter towers are gone.

Well dang, I didn't know they took the towers down. When did this happen? 

You'll be hearing about it more soon - given the activity we've been seeing through the cold months, its primed for a summer of residential project explosion.

I'm glad UHS is redeveloping those apartments. UHS is all about affordable housing and that is what the area needs.

You are a bit optimistic about the "explosion" in that area. I know one person that has puchased 10 lots in that side of North Nashville in 2014 and another that has purchased 6. Neither have plans on building anything and are more likely to just sit on them and flip them in a few years. People are already asking for too much for so called "renovated" houses in that area...paint and new floors and its renovated!

• Like 1

Hard to believe it has been 20 years since this photo showing Nashville Arena (now named Bridgestone Arena) during under construction in late 1995. That area south of Broadway most mostly parking lots, low-grade industrial, peep-shows, and vacant land.  Now, we have one of the top arenas in the nation, the top-ten Music City Convention Center, Country Music Hall of Fame, Hilton Hotel, Hall of Fame Park, Omni Hotel, Hyatt Place Hotel, Encore Condominiums, Pinnacle skyscaper, Hilton Garden Inn Suites, and Schermerhorn Symphony Hall. In the next few years there will be the Bridgestone Tire HQ tower, the SoBro Condo tower, and at least 5 more large hotels added.  

file://localhost/Users/markhollin/Desktop/10577119_10153057767830619_4056835443744725562_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153057767830619&set=pcb.10153057776070619&type=1&theater
  • Like 1

I've been in email contact with Chris Bennish at Price Development, he said he will shoot me an email when they have a more refined design.

The final rendering will have to be approved by the MHZC. PDG already appeared before the MHZC to obtain approval for their site plan and massing. But they will still have to have a hearing for their final elevations and design details. We may get a preliminary drawing, but it will not be final until the MHZC approves it. Stay tuned.

I'll drop this here too, since it's across from Germantown, to go beside Top Golf.  This is pretty significant!  http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/02/exclusive-massive-project-envisioned-for.html?page=all

Does anyone have the statistics that show the demand for apartments? It seems as if developers believe that there is an endless supply of people willing to pay $1,500 and up in rent.

• Like 1

I would hope the planning staff would have significant input on the design of this project, although the likelihood of this being developed seems low. It features no real street grid, there's surface parking galore, and none of the buildings address the street. Nashville already has a place like this in the core (Metrocenter) and doesn't need another. They should take a development session from the Northwestern Mutual designers,

• Like 4

I would hope the planning staff would have significant input on the design of this project, although the likelihood of this being developed seems low. It features no real street grid, there's surface parking galore, and none of the buildings address the street. Nashville already has a place like this in the core (Metrocenter) and doesn't need another. They should take a development session from the Northwestern Mutual designers,

Spot on, Hey, Hey.

WW