Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I actually haven't been to Patterson House, although it's on my short list. I just wanted to respond to agree with you 100% about Holland House. They make some mighty fine drinks there. Every now and then my wife and I walk down just for a cocktail and nothing else.

I should give Patterson House another try, I guess, but they were so smug and rude the one time I went that I have never gone back.  I love Holland House and really enjoy No. 308.

Visitor here from the Columbia, SC forum. I'll be in Nashville this weekend for South Carolina's game with Vandy, and was hoping for some suggestions on "must try" bars and restaurants. I've been to your fair city twice, and it is really a jewel! I've been looking forward to my return for months. We are staying on Demonbreun, and this will be our first time outside the main tourist area around Broadway. I am really wanting to explore the Gulch, and hope that our hotel will be well situated to doing that on foot. Thanks in advance for any advice.    

The most walkable areas for a visitor are probably the Gulch, Midtown (the area of Broadway just past the Broadway-West End split) and the area called 12 South, which is -- as you probably guessed -- 12th Avenue South. All of those areas feature a few walkable blocks with a variety of local bars, restaurants and night spots, and all are pretty safe and well-lit. And all of them are easy to find from your hotel on Demonbreun. Hope you have fun! And go Vandy! :thumbsup:

Hey, thanks for all the great suggestions. I'll take a look into these, and try to formulate some plan of attack. We'll be arriving Friday afternoon, after a pretty long drive, so we will probably not wander too far from the hotel the first night. I'm glad to hear there is so much within walking distance of the room. It also sounds like the green circulator bus might allow us to ditch the car a bit, which is obviously a good thing when savoring all the local craft beer. I'm definitely needing to visit Jackalope, if only because of its cool name! Y'all have a lot to be proud of, and the traffic on this forum is a testament to that. Many thanks for your hospitality.      

• Like 2

I'd suggest instead catching a cab to No. 308 or Holland House, both in East Nashville, and having an expertly crafted cocktail without all the smug attitude.

i spend lots of time in all three of them, i'd give patterson house the nod when speaking strictly about drinks. holland house is my favorite bar, but that's because it's easier to get a seat (and i prefer their stools at the bar). 308 is good, but i encounter far more smug cunts at 308 than either of the previously mentioned bars. with that said, i have personal favorite bartenders at all three places.

BNA, thanks for posting the rendering ....did we like it? Ha, I have almost no memory of this rendering. I think that someone said that was a pool on the side at the top...

Is this facing the roundabout?not a lot of street activation..... all in all I guess it looks fine.

damn, that is a lot of drinking!!!

i spend lots of time in all three of them, i'd give patterson house the nod when speaking strictly about drinks. holland house is my favorite bar, but that's because it's easier to get a seat (and i prefer their stools at the bar). 308 is good, but i encounter far more smug cunts at 308 than either of the previously mentioned bars. with that said, i have personal favorite bartenders at all three places.

BNA, thanks for posting the rendering ....did we like it? Ha, I have almost no memory of this rendering. I think that someone said that was a pool on the side at the top...

Is this facing the roundabout?not a lot of street activation..... all in all I guess it looks fine.

No problem...haha, yeah it's okay I guess.  I'm not a big fan myself...I think it looks straight outta 1985 aside from the random roof swoops, but I think I'm in the minority. 

That render looks like a reject from Atlantic City... from the 1970s.  I'd expect to find a gold disco ball hanging from the ceiling in the lobby. 

These crappy renders never really show the materials correctly, and usually give you no real idea how the building addresses the street.  This is awful on both counts but the actual building may be lots better.  I don't know why they don't bother to at least render the materials attractively, it's hardly rocket science at this point.

• Like 1

I'd just get a beer at Broadway Brewhouse. It's a good rest stop on the way to/from the game.

Beat Vandy.

They also have a damn fine Gumbo, of all things. Far better than more than a couple actual Cajun restaraunts I have tried in town. At least they used to, its been several years for me since I've been. My mom's from New Orleans so I was always on the lookout for Cajun food when I first moved up here.

• Like 1

I really don't understand the design. The upper floors look strange. Are those balconies or what? And what's with the large fish tank on top? You would think there would be more renderings since this is scheduled to break ground next month. Who is the architect?

The glass reminds me One57 in NYC.