505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

The "rounded" top lit up in LED's each night would look pretty cool.

I agree. And considering this building is residential it's probably the only area that could be lit at night. Subtle changes, but they make a big difference. Hopefully updated renderings will be available soon. 

You can do strips of LED's around the edges of a building and possibly illuminate areas that are far enough away from windows.  I think the strips of LED's would be cool.

6cea7722dccde740f26119f1a63476d1.jpg

This is a perfect example what we could do here. They used to light up the top of the Regions Bank Tower a.k.a the R2D2 Building, but stopped at least 10 years ago.

• Like 2

This is a perfect example what we could do here. They used to light up the top of the Regions Bank Tower a.k.a the R2D2 Building, but stopped at least 10 years ago.

I remember the green argon lights. It was a nice touch. 

Not the best picture. Even the Batman building was completly lit up then. 

image.jpeg

Edited by TNinVB

Heh, for some reason that picture brought back some serious nostalgia about just how big a deal it was when the Bell South tower was built. I mean, it was all over the 6 o'clock news all the time with updates to design and construction, and was the new thing to see when you were downtown for a long time. It is just so iconic. 

Edited by Nathan_in_DC
  • Like 1

Heh, for some reason that picture brought back some serious nostalgia about just how big a deal it was when the Bell South tower was built. I mean, it was all over the 6 o'clock news all the time with updates to design and construction, and was the new thing to see when you were downtown for a long time. It is just so iconic. 

I don't think I will ever get tired of it. It's so unique and we are lucky to have it. May not be the tallest in the world but definitely one of a kind. 

• Like 4

Not quite. It's got a taller sister in Melbourne (Melbourne Central Shopping Centre).

MelbCentral1.jpg

If there's a short one and a tall one.. the taller one is NOT in Nashville. 

I've mentioned that I am not a fan of the ATT tower... but the one in Melbourne, I believe, is even uglier... like a cross between the ATT and the Duke Energy Center building, two buildings I think are not ATTractive.  And good-gollee what on earth is the street level of that "Conehead" section of the Melbourne building? Looks like a suburban style shopping mall. 

Edited by MLBrumby