505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

A question for those of you in the know...

When they start building the parking garage...with whatever construction crew they use...will they then just keep going with that same construction crew and roll right into Paramount?  Or...will this be a "city builds the parking garage with x crew" and then Tony steps in with "y crew" to begin Paramount?

A question for those of you in the know...

When they start building the parking garage...with whatever construction crew they use...will they then just keep going with that same construction crew and roll right into Paramount?  Or...will this be a "city builds the parking garage with x crew" and then Tony steps in with "y crew" to begin Paramount?

Almost certainly different crews. Different skill sets to build a building then a parking garage

• Like 3

I would be suprised if this wasnt the case. Tony has not exactly been punctual on many of his projected start dates.

Yeah...I was just wondering if this will be a smooth "build the garage then go straight into building Paramount"...or if they will really treat them as two different entities.  I know the state is paying for the garage...but I just wondered if that is just a formality to allow them to "own" the garage...so that Tony could receive the proceeds for the land to put back into Paramount...and it's really all just one structure being constructed at the same time?

Does the underground portion of the MDHA garage extend all the way to Church St. or will the city leave a 5-story hole for Tony to later construct the tower (on top of its own underground parking)?    If MDHA's below-grade garage fills the entire hole, it goes without saying that the portion beneath the tower will have to be designed very differently and in coordination with Tony's architects/engineers.   

Edited by CenterHill

Does the underground portion of the MDHA garage extend all the way to Church St. or will the city leave a 5-story hole for Tony to later construct the tower (on top of its own underground parking)?    If MDHA's below-grade garage fills the entire hole, it goes without saying that the portion beneath the tower will have to be designed very differently and in coordination with Tony's architects/engineers.   

That's a good question.  My understanding is that he only sold them the "garage" land...and not the portion below Paramount.  But...you would think it would make sense for that to be part of the parking as well...right?

If Trump ever wanted to come to Nashville, now would be the ideal time. He could pretty much get all the financing needed for a new tallest and advertise against this one as "living above everyone else". He could build it in the middle Gulch or maybe even the Lifeway campus.

The last thing we need is an ego bigger than Alex Palmer's.
  • Like 1

Not being an engineer, I've seen comments that they would build additional parking under the existing parking lot once the tower starts.  Seems like engineering wise that would be pretty difficult.  Anybody have any insight into that?

I could be mistaken, but I thought the idea was to have additional parking built under the tower, not additional parking dug out beneath the adjacent deck they're building now.