505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

I feel like we will have had more design changes than floors by the time this is finished. The longer we wait the boxier, shorter, and less inspiring it gets. It will be great when it starts, but with all of the previous renderings we are missing out on it might be difficult for me to get excited.

• Like 1

I'd venture to guess the one on the right because it's centrally located to the building's footprint and also gives it more room to work around the garage cranes. I wonder if it'll be a normal boom crane or a kangaroo crane, like what was used for The Viridian. 

I'd venture at a kangaroo crane.

• dmillsphoto changed the title to Paramount (505CST) | 525 ft | 45 fls Church St | Financed
  • dmillsphoto changed the title to Paramount (505CST) | 543 ft | 45 fls Church St | Financed

from the Tennessean just now:

Developer Tony Giarratana has picked a general contractor for 505, the 45-story skyscraper with 550 residential units planned at the corner of Fifth and Church downtown.

The $155 million construction project set to start in mid-November will be Chicago-based Archer Western Construction's first job in Nashville.

At 543 feet tall, 505 would be Nashville's tallest skyscraper based on occupied floors. But the 617-foot tower nicknamed the "Batman Building" would still be the tallest overall when its twin spires are taken into account.

• Like 4

Add Sobro, 222,  and Bridgestone to this pick and wow!

Or... not, I mean... cause none are from this view... but I get the gist 

I do wonder if this is an updated rendering. The curve seems to remain, however it appears the central bit rises an extra floor or two... which makes the overall rendering look less... flat.

Edited by dmillsphoto
  • Like 1

You can definitely tell a difference in the design with this rendering. The top corners appear gone or the center is a bit taller. At least it's an attempt to give us a mini crown

It almost appears that the mid section is more of an oval shape to tie in with the roof and the edges are squared off.  Kind of hard to tell exactly due to the clarity of the image.

image.jpeg

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 2