• 3 weeks later...

2 hours ago, #1Son said:

The former owner Jerry Richardson didn't want the grass damaged by the tour equipment being moved in and out of the stadium if I remember correctly.  As a result the stadium was only limited to sporting events. :(  

That's why, yeah. Concerts tear up sports grass really bad.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, theronhobbs said:

Anyone who doesn't want a dome has never sat up in the 500-level seats on the south-facing side, early in the season. #SweatFest

At least covered seats!  Living this right now after preparing for Sunday's "rain" that was in the forecast bringing ponchos to the game but forgetting sunscreen :tw_bawling:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Walked by the Tepper owned property on W Morehead backing up to the greenway trail.  

While I have problems with things Mr Tepper has done with some of his facilities proposed and otherwise he has a chance to make a statement on this piece.   (Also I love he is bringing big concerts like Luke Combs to Charlotte (which I expect 70K plus) due to his NC roots) and of course bringing the Charlotte FC team. )    Oh yeah your bubble still looks good. 

Panther tailgaters:  COME on do better than this pick up your trash bring a trash bag from home!

as for the stadium lets do a Miami Dolphins  Hard Rock Stadium  redo of the Bank and leave it there.  Cover most of the seating area but leave it open air.  

IMG_0736.JPG

@KJHburgWhat is this being developed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, KJHburg said:

But now what?  what coach could be out there?  Others surely know better than I.  

Not to turn this into a football thread, but there are lots of promising coordinators in the league right now who could be the next successful head coach. Ken Dorsey on the Bills, Demeco Ryans on the 49ers, Byron Leftwich on the Bucs to name a few. If Tepper is smart he will invest in one of those now that it has been proven for the 1000th time that college coaches are usually not ready for immediate transition into the NFL.

As for why the mid-season firing, I think it was just embarrassing to allow a coach to keep his job for so long with this level of performance. The team had no fire or energy. They will not start winning with their new interim coach, but I think the hope is that they regroup a little bit and start to develop the young talent for an upcoming rebuild. Before it seemed like they were just trotting out onto the field waiting for the game to be over.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Reverie39 said:

As for why the mid-season firing, I think it was just embarrassing to allow a coach to keep his job for so long with this level of performance. The team had no fire or energy. They will not start winning with their new interim coach, but I think the hope is that they regroup a little bit and start to develop the young talent for an upcoming rebuild. Before it seemed like they were just trotting out onto the field waiting for the game to be over.

Gives us the most time to look for a new coach, get in front of the market, while letting Rhule have time to find the best possible college job. His remaining buyout is decreased by the terms of his next contract.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...