hmmmm...

The Charlotte Pipe & Foundry site near uptown has been targeted by global real estate giant Trammell Crow Co. to lead a major, multi-phase development.

Sources familiar with the plans say the Dallas-based company is in talks to manage the future of the 55.5-acre site bordering South End's Gold District and near Bank of America Stadium. The property was previously home to Charlotte Pipe's cast iron foundry that dates back more than a century.

Trammell Crow is a wholly owned subsidiary of CBRE (NYSE:CBRE), which has been marketing the site for the Dowd family, which founded Charlotte Pipe in 1901, and continues to lead it. The decision to market the property followed Charlotte Pipe's move of the foundry operations to a new $460 million facility in Stanly County’s Oakboro.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2024/03/14/charlotte-pipe-uptown-trammell-crow-cbre.html

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Little more details in this rezoning request by the Panthers for their training facility and field house.    Not sure I understand lodging for overnight stays for players and coaches?  

RZ-4.0 (charlottenc.gov)   check out the proposed uses on Page 4 of 5. 

It's for Training camp most likely, and maybe so team can have option to be closer when the team bus leaves for the airport.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CLT Development said:

It's for Training camp most likely, and maybe so team can have option to be closer when the team bus leaves for the airport.

Training camp is 90 players + coaches.  Are they really going to build a 50+ rooms for just training camp?  I wouldn't be surprised if they build something like this, that they replace the team hotel before home games, host all free agents onsite, OTA lodging for guys that don't have a place yet (rookies), mini-camp, refs for practice, consultants & vendor lodging, etc. With like 500+ employees and a billion dollar business, I would bet they are hosting a LOT of people in hotels over the course of a year. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

Training camp is 90 players + coaches.  Are they really going to build a 50+ rooms for just training camp?  I wouldn't be surprised if they build something like this, that they replace the team hotel before home games, host all free agents onsite, OTA lodging for guys that don't have a place yet (rookies), mini-camp, refs for practice, consultants & vendor lodging, etc. With like 500+ employees and a billion dollar business, I would bet they are hosting a LOT of people in hotels over the course of a year. 

Yes plus all that. I don't mean JUST for training camp.

• Like 1

Recall that many of these players, including those with some NFL experience but new to the Panthers, come to town with nothing but some luggage. The rookies need EVERYTHING, and a furnished room until they find lodging is a superb amenity. 

I recall an interview once with an Alan Tate realtor who worked with the Hornets and these young men new to the pro game needed EVERYTHING and it all had to be supersized. A tough job, she said, but once the first player or two came through she had her suppliers in line.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...