Repurposed/revitalized historical buildings in Nashville

markhollin

34 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

^I absolutely love that old strip.  I hope efforts have been made to preserve it, and I hope to see new development filling in around it very soon in order to expand it.

I’m not aware of any conservation or other protective zoning for these buildings.    I think some of the residential houses on the hill across from these on 8th have conservation zoning.   

On 4/21/2019 at 6:00 AM, markhollin said:

23 Music Square East is getting a facelift with white paint with black trim over the red brick, new windows, awnings removed, and some of the trees/shrubbery trimmed-back/replaced.  Quite handsome.  The 3 story structure covers 13,556 sq. ft., and was built in 1915.  

23 Music Square East, March 24, 2019.jpg

I've driven past that building a million times and have never even noticed what it looks like.  I went and looked at it on Google Maps and WOW, what a wonderful change.  Looks like a brand new build.

• Like 4