Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

11 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Not fully understanding the thinking here. Why would they hold off on building this tower? If Amazon don’t want or need it , somebody will. It’s not like it will be completed anytime soon , at least another two years to finish it. Build it as spec , and put the finishing touches on at the end. We see new project announcements happening throughout Nashville, including office. What about the projects just recently across the interstate in Midtown Beaman, Reed, Dairy property etc. those will certainly have office components. And the economy isn’t as bad as some would  like you to think, it’s adjusting and there are areas that need some attention, but the unemployment rate is lower now then before Covid and supply is getting back , sure prices are up but that’s just the greed of these companies to make back what they claim they lost during the pandemic. Amazon is seeing lower numbers now, because they were basically the go to for everyone during these past few years, now that people are getting back to normal shopping routines,  their not getting as much of the pie. I don’t get it, seems like a big farce bout nothing. Build it… and they will come.

Saying the economy isn’t as bad as some would like to think…well…it’s not good.  The inflation is still at a 40 year high and raising interest rates hasn’t put a big dent in it.  Middle class and poor are being hammered.  And…a lot of economists are saying 2023 will be worse.  It will probably be a year or more before we see a complete turnaround.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

Saying the economy isn’t as bad as some would like to think…well…it’s not good.  The inflation is still at a 40 year high and raising interest rates hasn’t put a big dent in it.  Middle class and poor are being hammered.  And…a lot of economists are saying 2023 will be worse.  It will probably be a year or more before we see a complete turnaround.

Inflation has certainly been stickier than imagined. Due to how housing inflation is incorporated into CPI the current home price and rent drops occurring nationwide will not be reflected in the data until 2023. And that is roughly 40% of CPI. Oddly enough it is the lowest earners having the highest wage gains during this period. The Fed  wants a “housing reset”. They do not want bidding wars, they want more homes. However long housing  inventory takes to climb to more normal levels will dictate how long this period of tighter policy lasts.

i am a betting man and I bet by mid to late 2023 we see inflation in the 2-4% range and a stock market 20% higher than current levels. We can already see many commodities down 40+% from their peaks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, samsonh said:

Inflation has certainly been stickier than imagined. Due to how housing inflation is incorporated into CPI the current home price and rent drops occurring nationwide will not be reflected in the data until 2023. And that is roughly 40% of CPI. Oddly enough it is the lowest earners having the highest wage gains during this period. The Fed  wants a “housing reset”. They do not want bidding wars, they want more homes. However long housing  inventory takes to climb to more normal levels will dictate how long this period of tighter policy lasts.

i am a betting man and I bet by mid to late 2023 we see inflation in the 2-4% range and a stock market 20% higher than current levels. We can already see many commodities down 40+% from their peaks.

We are in a precarious place at the moment.  It can truly go either way…but world leaders are already predicting a global recession in 2023.  I hope it doesn’t happen…but it’s where things are heading at the moment.  And yes…a lot of it had to do with Covid…the excessive printing of money to help people out…and now the raising of rates.   The market wants to go back up…but there’s still a few months, I believe, before we know if we’re out of the woods or if there are more woods ahead.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, L. C. Ice said:

Dude, inflation is because the "children in the room" have been printing up trillions of dollars in a spending spree. They've also made war against the natural energy sector in favor of the imbecilic green energy fantasy which has driven up the cost of everything.

It wouldn't surprise me if residential development slows down considerably with the direction that unemployment is heading.

Would it surprise you if s oil production was at a record by the end of the year?

• Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 7:25 AM, markhollin said:

1001 Church update: pillars for parking garage rising above street level of 10th Ave. North.

Looking SE from Church Street Viaduct where it crosses over CSX tracks:

1001 Church, Oct 16, 2022.jpeg

When will we know if this is growing past the garage?

Edited by Plasticman
  • Like 1

AEG Residential Towers (34 & 35 stories) update: 3rd floor of underground garage complete across foundations.

Looking SE from Church Street Viaduct at Upper 10th Ave. North (Platform Way):

AEG Residential, Oct 16, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from 9th Ave. North, 1/8 block south of Church St:

AEG Residential, Oct 16, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking west from 9th Ave. North, 1/8 block north of Commerce St:

AEG Residential, Oct 16, 2022, 3.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

Your going to need a map , just to navigate the vast amounts of parking levels on both sides of NY development. I can definitely see people getting lost or not remembering where they parked the car :tw_joy:

Not to mention if you have had a few too many drinks and try to drive. Bad choices. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kv615 said:

Does anyone have an updated timeline one when this project as a whole (Minus Amazon 3 tower) will be delivering? Is this full-steam ahead for remaining towers inside the scope of the yards? 

Smeagols or someone else with more knowledge can say for certain…but I’m thinking the residential next to Grand Hyatt hasn’t started, and the potential two towers along 9th Avenue haven’t started (and no renders released).  Also…the smaller “hotel” or residential right behind the Holiday Inn Express hasn’t started.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

I've said it before, the architect would design something spectacular, if things like budgets and client demands didn't get in the way.

Bet there are 1000 architects out there who could have designed something more pleasing to the eyes…for less $$…and still meet client demands. 

• Like 2

I honestly don't know if I've ever walked past Amazon's buildings in Seattle. I haven't been there in a decade, and I never spent much time there anyway. I have heard however that their buildings there are very bland and of course, there's that blobby (caterpillar shaped) 'terrarium' thing, but I'm pretty sure it was not there when I was last in Seattle. I'd like to see a compilation of all the AMZN buildings in downtown Seattle if someone has one. 

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

I honestly don't know if I've ever walked past Amazon's buildings in Seattle. I haven't been there in a decade, and I never spent much time there anyway. I have heard however that their buildings there are very bland and of course, there's that blobby (caterpillar shaped) 'terrarium' thing, but I'm pretty sure it was not there when I was last in Seattle. I'd like to see a compilation of all the AMZN buildings in downtown Seattle if someone has one. 

Here’s a screenshot from Puget Sound Business Journal dated 2016. (There may be more buildings now.)

The round building is a residential tower that’s been there for at least a couple of decades.

CE1BC9AE-B5D5-424E-813A-E842C117FC3F.jpeg

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 1