Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

27 minutes ago, dmillsphoto said:

I've never claimed to be smart, that was my parents... BUUUHHTT when I was a kid and I'd see towers getting built, I'd wonder how the balance of the rotation of the planet wasn't affected by all the extra weight...

… or is it extra weight? In reality it’s just taking the raw material, that is already part of the earth and converting it into something else. My weird thing is, if  the earth is balanced by the force of gravity compressing all the natural gases, then what’s going to happen when mankind sucks all those gases out and nothing is replacing it. :tw_grimace:

Edited by Luvemtall
  • Confused 1

On 8/20/2022 at 9:15 PM, titanhog said:

After seeing how well Alcove looks with the slight off-skew boxes and different color glass / window designs…I’m really hoping we get more buildings with different shaded glass and windows.

You mean like UBS??? :-P

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Skyscrapergeek said:

Yeah, they’ve been gone for a few weeks.  Was hoping it was temporary but it doesn’t look like they’re coming back. Not sure why. 

It changed since yesterday.  It had four views and now there's just one.  They had three great views of the two new residential towers and the rest of that side of Nashville Yards, very disappointing!