Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Pinnacle Tower (35 stories, 504', 678,000 sq. ft.) update: Up to 4th level above grade/3rd level above Platform Way on southern side.

Looking SW from 9th Ave. North, 1/8 block south of Church St:

Pinnacle Tower, Oct 23, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking west from 9th Ave. North, 1/8 block north of Commerce St:

Pinnacle Tower, Oct 23, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking NW from intersection of 10th Ave. North and Commerce St:

Pinnacle Tower, Oct 23, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking SE from Church Street Viaduct where it crosses over CSX tracks:

Pinnacle Tower, Oct 23, 2022, 4.jpeg

Looking south from intersection of Church St. and Upper 10th Ave. North (Platform Way):

Pinnacle Tower, Oct 23, 2022, 5.jpeg

So exciting to see steel rising up finally, from this one.

It will make a massive impact on that area, and the skyline, in that part of downtown. 

Does anyone know if the residential tower between the Grand Hyatt and Pinnacle, will wait to start once this tower is further along in development?

As well as waiting on the 2 residential towers being developed directly behind it being further along? That's kind of what I'm thinking.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Stripping away all the legitimate reasons why, it's so disappointing to me to see that second Amazon tower completed instead of the 1001 Church one.

I get what you mean. It's a great tower for infill, and a decent height. But for me personally, the design is super 1970s inspired. And not necessarily in a good way or bad way--it looks like a dated building to me. 

At least 1001 Church would be (or would have been??) 600 feet high, if the design were 1970s as well. :)

50 minutes ago, Plasticman said:

So 1001 is only building the garage?

I think they are pausing construction after the base and garage are built--in order to gauge the economy and see how remote working pans out and if there's a business need for the skyscraper. 

But we will see.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

I know it’s not probable, but I’m holding on to the thought that 1001 has gone back to the drawing board. Why you all ask, well to get redesigned into a mixed use tower of 750 feet to compete with Tony G’s 1010 at the Y!! Let’s dream …

It would be really exciting to see the tower reconfigured to incorporate mostly residential, some hotel and a smaller office component to the tower. 

Say, 60% residential, 25% hotel and 15% office. I think that would be a winning combination for the skyscraper, at the 600 foot as-is height. If they went taller, heck yeah! But my thoughts are they go lower height, rather than higher, if a redesign happens. :/ 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

It would be really exciting to see the tower reconfigured to incorporate mostly residential, some hotel and a smaller office component to the tower. 

Say, 60% residential, 25% hotel and 15% office. I think that would be a winning combination for the skyscraper, at the 600 foot as-is height. If they went taller, heck yeah! But my thoughts are they go lower height, rather than higher, if a redesign happens. :/ 

My thoughts exactly. I’d hope they’d stay at 600 ft though  :(

• Like 1