Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

On 1/4/2023 at 8:51 AM, nashville born said:

I often open Google Maps - Nashville as I look through the strings.  And as prompted, I'll jump to Google to allow myself to imagine what a project's impact will be.  Can't effectively express  how much I'm in love with the impact NY and it's surrounding projects will have on downtown..  it will, in effect, stretch our new downtown from its old CBD beginnings almost to the I-40 inner loop.  Forgetting literal computations for a second (and all action south of Broadway), it will pretty much double both the number of buildings and the total area of the historical  CBD/downtown.  Remarkable.  Play the game with me.  Look at this image.  Draw an imaginary line down Broadway and only consider the area north of it.   Now, envision these projects filling in:  Tempo Hotel, the Marriott, 901 MLK, Amazon 2, Alcove, Prime, AEG residential one, AEG residential two, AEG mixed use, AEG Entertainment Venue, 1010 Church, and Pinnacle.  Then imagine if a few of the unknowns also materialize:  1001 Church, the NY residential next to Pinnacle, the NY residential across Commerce, the two additional NY towers along 9th, Street Lights residential, and Gulch Central.  Visually, and possibly be other measures, effectively doubling downtown!  Literally shaking my head at the thought.  

image.thumb.png.0a829661d8ebbb0d608e03c350170a35.png

Incredible! And the Gibson Residences and 125 11 Ave. North can be added to that list as well! (Both which will transition beautifully into the new proposals across the highway)

• Like 3

I've seen pix of Amazon 1's interior, and it's real nice. Different themes on each floor.  I figure Amazon 2 will be similar.

Shame we won't see Amazon 3 in that monster 600+ tall tower, with Amazon shedding so many (like 18K+).   Hopefully things pick up soon enough for them to outgrow A2 and order A3 to kick off. Maybe as soon as 2024.

• Like 3

A few curious questions! 

First picture is of Amazon's deck looking from Asurion. What's this odd funnel thing? We've all been wondering.

Second picture is of Pinnacle from Asurion. We're all wondering why all these floors are slanted. Are the interior floors going to be slanted? Seems like a weird design choice. I didn't notice slants on that side on the renderings I've seen but maybe there have been updates since I last looked.

amazon.jpg

pinnacle.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, karen5429 said:

A few curious questions! 

First picture is of Amazon's deck looking from Asurion. What's this odd funnel thing? We've all been wondering.

Second picture is of Pinnacle from Asurion. We're all wondering why all these floors are slanted. Are the interior floors going to be slanted? Seems like a weird design choice. I didn't notice slants on that side on the renderings I've seen but maybe there have been updates since I last looked.

amazon.jpg

pinnacle.jpg

Slanted floors would be a parking garage

• Like 1

2 hours ago, karen5429 said:

Ah of course. I was assuming they were regular floors because there are so many floors for parking below 10th...but it must just be a larger garage than I thought.

pinnacle yards 1

Karen5429, the render can definitely mislead.  The exterior view either shows office space lining the above ground portion the garage or it's designed to obscure the presence of the parking pedestal.  

• Like 4