Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

27 minutes ago, AltNative said:

I'm surprised y'all like this tower.  I think this tower would be the ugliest of the LU bunch and it aint close. Its just so elementary and a lazy mashing of BOAT and Honeywell with nothing creative or thoughtful to its design.

To each their own, though

I mostly agree but also am fine with a completely "mid" filler building.

• Like 3

Does that rendering show the actual design that will rise?  I had assumed that it was a concept. 

Might it rise soon?   There’s demand for housing.  

Nonetheless, Nothing seems to be happening with some other Uptown residential projects like the one  on the old Museum of the South site on College Street.  I wonder what’s going on.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Does that rendering show the actual design that will rise?  I had assumed that it was a concept. 

Might it rise soon?   There’s demand for housing.  

Nonetheless, Nothing seems to be happening with some other Uptown residential projects like the one  on the old Museum of the South site on College Street.  I wonder what’s going on.

Interest rates are going on… 

• Like 2

On 10/13/2023 at 10:46 AM, ArchiCLT said:

Just a note to everyone here, as an architect not on this project, the above rendering depicts the glass as a whiter shade, but accurately-depicting glass in renderings (getting the opacity, reflectivity, etc. correct) can be difficult with rendering software. By no means does this rendering mean that the same blue glass won't be used. Often in process/non-final renderings, the glazing materiality isn't accurate to what will be procured. My assumption is that LS3P/Lincoln Harris will use the same glass spec to match the rest of Legacy Union.

We on UP and the general public can over-analyze renderings that get released. In today's world, when architects release initial renderings (especially pre-VE), the expectation is that the design must perfectly match the renderings, but that is rarely the case.

Glass can be tricky to get right in a rendering as well. I know that depending on the software the materials can show up differently too.

• Like 2