Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/1/2023 at 7:51 AM, Blue_Devil said:

So something I didn’t know about the new tower but it does have a slight cantilever. 

Nah! That's just the wind that's coming from their empty lot. The wind is sped up by the canyon surrounding the lot and pushing on the building, causing it to lean a bit...it'll return to normal once they build out that lot. ; ) (lazy blue font)

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

Beef and Bottle is good and locally owned.

its fine, the sides are great and full of butter. The steaks are good but inferior to what is cooked in my own kitchen. I would say Steak48. @videtur quam contuor I will personally cook you an exquisite steak dinner.

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, videtur quam contuor said:

What IS the best steak restaurant in Charlotte? Not just center city? Price is not an object.

Capital Grille uptown is great so is Steak 48 in Southpark.  But my overall favorite is in Cabarrus County 73 and Main a farm to table ranch to table restaurant in Mt Pleasant.  

This Little Alley Steakhouse is one of the top 100 steakhouses in the country with its 2 locations in Atlanta and coming soon to uptown. 

2 hours ago, CLT Development said:

its fine, the sides are great and full of butter. The steaks are good but inferior to what is cooked in my own kitchen. I would say Steak48. @videtur quam contuor I will personally cook you an exquisite steak dinner.

and I am still waitiing on mine to be cooked as well.  Reservations must be back up for years. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think that this has been a great project.  The BoA tower is beautiful, and the others are good too.  More importantly, it has really bulked up the skyline. 

I wonder if the residential tower will be taller (or at least as tall as) 1 LU/BoA.

That would be 632+ feet, easily the tallest residential tower in the city and the Carolinas. Is that actually a possibility here?

• Like 1