Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

They have a restaurant for the Deloitte tower space.  The rest of the retail space is along Church St which is not as desirable as being on Tryon.  However I would compensate for that by lowering the lease rates to get some activity going there.   But I don't think like they do.  The money maker is the office space leasing which they have been great at but retail space seems to be an afterthought to them.  However the retail plans for spaces in the new 600 Tryon tower are a lot better in design.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

Is it expected that they will get started on the next tower shortly after the shell of this one is complete or do you guys think there will be a gap?  I'm hoping that since it will be residential they will just move the crew across the street to the next project. 

think next up is office believe it or not and the super secret LH will start construction only after the plans are leaked.  So some of you start cruising all big permits on Church or Mint streets.  

You got to give it to LH they dont talk about a building for years before breaking ground they just start it and reluctantly release renderings.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, go_vertical said:

Is it expected that they will get started on the next tower shortly after the shell of this one is complete or do you guys think there will be a gap?  I'm hoping that since it will be residential they will just move the crew across the street to the next project. 

My guess would be that they’ll not start until very late in the year (Nov/Dec) or sometime into the 1st Quarter of next year.  The lot at Church & Mint is being used by the current Contractor as Laydown yard, Construction Office, Staging, etc. for LU4 and would be untenable for another Contractor on LU5  to move in there so soon.  

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1