Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

5 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

These boards bring welcome color and texture to our rather corporate downtown, even when showing advertising. Let's approve it!

The Green brings color and texture to our Downtown.  Illuminated billboards...IDK.  I guess anything to get the attention of the cars racing down Church.

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Bright lights coming to Legacy!  Large advertising signs like Times Square proposed at S Church and Brooklyn Village. 

600 South Tryon signage

""Lincoln Harris filed a rezoning petition today with the city of Charlotte to allow for three electronic signs to be placed at its Legacy Union development. The three outdoor signs would have a total maximum face area of 5,900 square feet. The square footage would be allocated among the three sides of the building, according to the site plan.

The first sign would be 1,400 square feet at the corner of Tryon Plaza; the second would be 1,400 square feet at the corner of Brooklyn Village Avenue and Tryon Street; and the third would be 3,100 square feet at the corner of Brooklyn Village Avenue and Church Street.""

New uptown Charlotte tower could feature electronic signs - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Screenshot 2023 10 20 at 11.47.58 AM

This would be very cool as long as the advertisements were done well. There’s a screen like this in Raleigh North Hills that looks great. I remember walking past it and seeing it show off a recent Panthers win. Something like that would be awesome in LU and give the city a bit of a New York vibe. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

image.png.ff5689f9850fc76ffed349059002247b.png

Wasn't so long ago this ticker was BIG NEWS lol...

Gotta give LU credit where due.

I definitely remember being super excited about that xD

This addition by Legacy Union is FINALLY refreshing / welcoming news. Hopefully they keep it up. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 3:09 PM, BJKM said:

IMG_2038.jpeg

IMG_2035.jpeg

I know this isn't the proper place to ask this, but I went a few pages back and couldn't find a dedicated thread for the repurpose of this building.  Has there been any info discovered as to how the multi-story (10 I think?) expansion is going to play out here?  New building on the narrow lot alongside Mint or is this structure capable of handling additional floors on top?  If there hasn't been any news released anyone care to make an educated guess as to how this will end up looking?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...