Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

Get ready to leak again!

I think TTX may end up at 600 S Tryon Legacy's newest building.  they have 300K sq ft of new space available and whatever you think of LH they have a great track record with office tenants.  This building is going to be nice and is in the new center of uptown.  

https://www.lincolnharris.com/properties/600-s-tryon/

• Like 4

^ This strikes me as an interesting time for Uptown office. Pre-pandemic I would have thought TTX might be the kind of company that could be happy with an airport area site (but I don’t think there is anything in that submarket with any kind of post-pandemic appeal). However, I would guess the present moment in Uptown means that even new space there can be cost-competitive with just about any Class-A suburban space. Even more historically weird is brokers pushing Uptown space can boast about the ‘adjacent to Southend’ location. Having said that, I doubt TTX needs to count any pennies when choosing a new HQ, so I agree with KJX that Legacy makes sense.

Edit: I am also guessing that a significant portion of TTX’s activities in Charlotte will be focused on hustling for capital. Uptown really isn’t at the top of its expense account entertainment game so that might be a strike against.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Do you think that there will be a residential tower at this site and/or a hotel?

See below... Yes there will be a residential tower, its been confirmed many times in the last few pages.

12 hours ago, CLT Development said:

It's office AND residential, and abbreviated law firm is the tenant.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

BOA may stand for Bank of America but it surely does not translate to a bank for the people. BOAT, just likes it’s elder, BOACC, looks nice, looks grand, but ignores the human factor. Both places are uninviting and intimidating in a way if you will. Nothing says come hang out underneath my flag poles and layout on this scorching turf like this place lol. Every financial institution in clt should take notes on Ally Charlotte center. That’s how you do retail. Big oak tree, ice cream shop, museum for all ages and restaurants. Don’t get me wrong, this looks very nice, but It is what it is as John fox would say lol. 
IMG_4128.jpeg.261f1f9a8aa7b0664f1f79f699171d51.jpeg 

It would’ve been a perfect location (277 access) for a vertically integrated Wegmans should they decide to enter the Charlotte market. There, Ballantyne and Lake Norman. 

But like you said. Or John Fox, lol. It is what it is at this point. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 8:48 AM, AirNostrumMAD said:

It would’ve been a perfect location (277 access) for a vertically integrated Wegmans should they decide to enter the Charlotte market. There, Ballantyne and Lake Norman. 

But like you said. Or John Fox, lol. It is what it is at this point. 

I would think that Midtown would be a perfect place for Wegman's. The lowrise retail along S Kings Dr. to the west of Met. 

• Like 3