Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, bhibbs said:

im admittedly stupid about this, but, how the hell could someone who left a property dictate what type of business moves into said property after they close up shop?

They can put any restriction they want in the deed as long as it doesn't violate somebody's civil rights.  It's pretty common the restrict how commercial property can be used, I see deeds and restrictive covenants all the time that say there can't be a drugstore on the property and so on. 

On June 17, 2016 at 1:59 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

HG Hill owns several sites (around 4.75 acres) diagonal from the old Wal-Mart between Greenwood and Sharpe. I know they are known to sit on properties,  but that site could use an update and would help transform Gallatin Ave. Any word on its development status?

Rumor is we might hear an announcement on that site within the next year or so, but I've also heard that HG Hill is taking a pause on anything new until they get all their projects under construction wrapped up.

Edited by Nashville Cliff
grammar
  • Like 2

On 6/17/2016 at 7:02 PM, Neigeville2 said:

They can put any restriction they want in the deed as long as it doesn't violate somebody's civil rights.  It's pretty common the restrict how commercial property can be used, I see deeds and restrictive covenants all the time that say there can't be a drugstore on the property and so on. 

I'm sorry but WTF???????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Rumor is we might hear an announcement on that site within the next year or so, but I've also heard that HG Hill is taking a pause on anything new until they get all their projects under construction wrapped up.

They should complete work on the Hill Center - Sylvan Heights within the next month or so. Phase 1 of Hill Center - Brentwood is supposed to be completed in fall 2016 so maybe an announcement then. 

5 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

I'm sorry but WTF???????

There are question marks but I'm not sure what your question is.  My next post Friday 7:48 PM is an example of what I'm referring to.  The attachment is the 3rd page of the deed out of Wal-Mart for the little Wal-Mart grocery on Gallatin Pike.  It stipulates, among other things, that the property cannot be used as a grocery store for 25 years.

Edited by Neigeville2

46 minutes ago, Neigeville2 said:

There are question marks but I'm not sure what your question is.  My next post Friday 7:48 PM is an example of what I'm referring to.  The attachment is the 3rd page of the deed out of Wal-Mart for the little Wal-Mart grocery on Gallatin Pike.  It stipulates, among other things, that the property cannot be used as a grocery store for 25 years.

More of a rhetorical question.  I guess they put it there but it could diminish the chance it sells so they would have to take that into consideration.

On 6/17/2016 at 2:07 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

Wal-Mart shut down all of their Neighborhood Market Stores 

Actually, Walmart shut down just one of their Neighborhood Market Stores in this area -- the other ones are still open, including the one in Madison. Not sure why the East Nashville location didn't make it, but being across the street from Kroger might not have been the ideal spot.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2016/01/15/walmart-close-5-tennessee-stores/78846540/

8 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

Actually, Walmart shut down just one of their Neighborhood Market Stores in this area -- the other ones are still open, including the one in Madison. Not sure why the East Nashville location didn't make it, but being across the street from Kroger might not have been the ideal spot.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2016/01/15/walmart-close-5-tennessee-stores/78846540/

It could be because it was dirty and cluttered.  Not a pleasant shopping experience.  No real reason to put up with that when you have two Krogers, and Aldi, Martin's, and Turnip Truck nearby.

8 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

For some reason I thought they shut down all of their neighborhood markets but I was wrong. 

On a side note, I emailed the head of Kroger for middle TN to ask about the future of the Eastland Kroger. He said the lease for Citi Trends is up in 2018 (I believe), and they hope to take over their space at that time and renovate the entire store. It would add about 10,000 square feet to the store. 

20 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Two other prime spots they are sitting on as well.

One is the lot on Jefferson between 4th and 5th Ave N. This is where Hampton Cranes is located.

The other is the Piggly Wiggly location on West End across from Cumberland Transit.

Both of these site are rumored to have plans as well.

• Like 1

An article popped up on the Tennessesan website about a future tenant at the new development at 4204 Gallatin Pike at the intersection of Riverwood Dr. Sounds very promising.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/life/2016/06/17/chinese-restaurant-tko-open-east-nashville/86035672/

additional coverage at eater.com 

http://nashville.eater.com/2016/6/20/11977502/tko-restaurant-east-nashville-inglewood

• Like 4

Wow it's being announced today that IKEA is coming to Hampton Roads. It will be located on the Norfolk/Virginia Beach line off of I-64. I'm shocked we are getting one before Nashville considering we have 3 up the road in the NoVa-D.C.-Baltimore area. And the area they are building in is an old golf course where an outlet mall just broke ground. 

On 6/17/2016 at 2:07 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

Wal-Mart shut down all of their Neighborhood Market Stores 

Is this true?  I believe there is one in Nippers Corner still operating.  Nevermind, as I see this has been discussed.

Edited by japan

12 hours ago, TNinVB said:

Wow it's being announced today that IKEA is coming to Hampton Roads. It will be located on the Norfolk/Virginia Beach line off of I-64. I'm shocked we are getting one before Nashville considering we have 3 up the road in the NoVa-D.C.-Baltimore area. And the area they are building in is an old golf course where an outlet mall just broke ground. 

Really sort of surprised that it hadn't been planned and announced somewhere there before now, considering the high level of diversity in H-R, especially compared to Memphis, not to say that Memphis does not "deserve" a market share of one (and I feel that it indeed does).

Tidewater has changed so much that I'd feel like a POW-MIA, after a 24-year lapse of having moved away from there.  Even the nearby once-dreaded Kempsville Road snarl has been closed off, and long gone of course is nearby Memorial Stadium, where I used to watch the MLB AAA Tides play (then still a Mets affilliate).  Now the stadium is gone and replaced with downtown Norfolk's Harbor Park, which I deem one of the most elaborately built newer stadiums for that purpose, even replete with at least a rapid-transit start-up line (which still is a long way from effectively serving the region with the ball park).

Didn't want to digress too much in this thread, and I'll say that at least it's to be on the cusp of 2 decent-sized cities, which also just happens to be near an interstate hywy interchange.  Unfortunately, as with many other retail "enclaves", it potentially can really have a negative impact on busy Northampton Blvd, (US-13) , especially in the proximity of N. Military Hwy (US-13) and I-64, not to mention Va. Beach Blvd a short ways south at the main retail district, Va. Weslyan, and Norfolk Int'l Airport.  Unlike with Metro Nashville and Mid-Tenn as a whole, though, that area is heavily water-locked, with respect to developer-favored options, and of course, IKEA is quite judicious and finicky in selection of locations, within a given region.

22 hours ago, Doug said:

An article popped up on the Tennessesan website about a future tenant at the new development at 4204 Gallatin Pike at the intersection of Riverwood Dr. Sounds very promising.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/life/2016/06/17/chinese-restaurant-tko-open-east-nashville/86035672/

additional coverage at eater.com 

http://nashville.eater.com/2016/6/20/11977502/tko-restaurant-east-nashville-inglewood

SO pumped for this.  After several restaurants moved further South on Gallatin most of us N. Inglewood bros were kinda bummed.  Hope this sparks some more development North of Trinity.

• Like 1