Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

The Northern will now be known as The Northerly (4 stories, 297 units). Exterior is nearly complete.

Looking west from Due West Ave., 1/8 block west of Lentz Drive:

Northerly, April 20, 2024, 1.jpeg

Looking NW from Due West Ave., 1/4 block west of Lentz Drive:

Northerly, April 20, 2024, 2.jpeg

A couple angles from the east side of the site, 1/2 block north of Due West Ave:

Northerly, April 20, 2024, 3.jpeg

Northerly, April 20, 2024, 4.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CandyAisles said:

Nice pics, @KJHburg.  Fun fact about the glass atriums...initially pitched with the glass conservatories, the ownership doubted they could afford the steel and glass it would take to construct it.  Earl Swensson sold them on the fact that the interior rooms as opposed to the exterior rooms would garner the higher room rate.  He was right.  That additional projected revenue from the higher room rates substantiated the additional costs.  Then...in future phases, Opryland sought to make more INTERIOR facing rooms.

thanks that is interesting about which rooms were more profitable.  Because this is only 6-7 stories there would not be much of a view anyway. 

• Like 2

Samaritan Recovery House (4 & 5 stories, 475 units, internal garage) Phase I update: complete and open.

Looking NW from intersection of Shelby Ave. and South 5th St:

Samaritan House, April 20, 2024, 1.jpeg

Looking north from intersection of Shelby Ave. and South 4th St:

Samaritan House, April 20, 2024, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from South 4th St., 1/2 block north of Shelby Ave:

Samaritan House, April 20, 2024, 3.jpeg

Looking SW from South 5th St., 1/2 block north of Shelby Ave:

Samaritan House, April 20, 2024, 4.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, markhollin said:
The project consists of 17,000 sq. ft. of retail or restaurant space, a 120 room, 4-story hotel, and up to 340 residential units, including a pool courtyard and a central gathering space.

Rivergate Mall renovation, April 30, 2024, diagram.png

I know this is a huge departure from what's currently there, but this doesn't feel nearly ambitious enough.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, andywildman said:

I know this is a huge departure from what's currently there, but this doesn't feel nearly ambitious enough.

I'm not impressed much either.  I have a personal connection to this particular site.  When I was 15, I used to go rabbit hunting  in the pasture and woodland right there.  Still too damn much asphalt  surface parking here IMO.

• Like 2

That 200' wide TVA easement takes away any chance of utilizing the existing street. The market is very suburban, so putting structure parking here is probably a hard sell from a financing standpoint. 

Also, this is being handled by Goodlettsville. The red line below is the demarcation between Nashville and Goodlettsville and the blue line is the development property. I think this is going to be pretty rich for Goodlettsville's planning chops. 

image.thumb.png.db2c46ac541e427c668cca8e2068bc73.png

Honestly, the whole mall complex would be another candidate for the Global Mall redo with a more heavy handed solution. Or possibly just a CM that works to put a solid UDO together. Being at the terminus of the 39 could create  great opportunity for TOD, but Metro isn't a land developer, so it should essentially be something like the East Bank. This is an ideal place for a generous "Park and Ride" tied into residential units and a slew of other uses. Then again, it seems like that demarcation line above could hamper those lofty ideas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

It is still very suburban in nature with all of the parking and not out of the box thinking at all. Very short-sighted IMO. 

Agreed completely.  I'm the laughing reaction guy, and the renderings did actually make me laugh because I saw the first couple and thought to myself, 'hmm, this actually looks pretty good!'  Then I scrolled some more and got to the diagram showing that it's basically just a couple hundred feet of 'urban' (using that term very loosely) style development surrounded by a sea of asphalt, and my mood immediately turned to 'why on earth did I expect anything different.'  

It looks like there's finally some movement on 2814 Gallatin Pike, the old abandoned gas station between McDonald's and O'Reiley's that has sat vacant for years. Lighthouse Gallatin Partners, LLC — who purchased the land in 2018 — applied for a zoning variance for the rear setback and landscaping requirements. I do not know the results of their request, which was heard last night. 

The notice I received said they're building "an office space." 

image.thumb.png.d0c9fa6c2e295f659d5650d7f1432416.png

Edited by iTim314
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, iTim314 said:

It looks like there's finally some movement on 2814 Gallatin Pike, the old abandoned gas station between McDonald's and O'Reiley's that has sat vacant for years. Lighthouse Gallatin Partners, LLC — who purchased the land in 2018 — applied for a zoning variance for the rear setback and landscaping requirements. I do not know the results of their request, which was heard last night. 

The notice I received said they're building "an office space." 

image.thumb.png.d0c9fa6c2e295f659d5650d7f1432416.png

The variance request is for a leasing outbuilding that is tied into the already built development in the back

May be a black-and-white image

May be an image of floor plan

BZA approved the variance. It appears that the ownership has some preliminary thoughts on a future phase, but nothing has been submitted. Below is a preliminary sketch that popped in one of the BZA documents.

May be an image of blueprint, floor plan and text

• Like 3